Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CorelDraw X3 Problems

CorelDraw X3 Problems

Has anyone else had any problems with X3, I mean getting it to work on Vista. They claim they have it ready for Vista now but I am having issues with it. While working on something, they dissappear off the page, you can see the holders but the items disappear. I tried to download the patches and they won't work either. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zelma
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Zelma, I had the same problem with Corel. I thought it was the new laptop I purchased so I returned it because I told them that Corel was my primary application and that was totally not cool! I also downloaded all the patches and fixes as well, same problem. The laptop had 2 GB RAM and a good video card.
    ULS V-Class 50 Watt, Corel x3, AutoCAD LT '02, NEWBIE!

No problem here.

I have Vista on a Acer laptop and a home brew desktop. Both machines run Corel and Photograv pretty flawlessly for me.

I think most peoples problems happen when they try to use older hardware with Vista. I got so fed up with it I just had to buy all new hardware. The more expensive way to go but some of the stuff was getting old.

I know I am in the minority but I really like Vista.
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

I will talk with Corel next week, and hope to get it fixed. I don't want to take my computer back but I will . . . if they'll let me.

Thanks,
    Zelma
    God Bless,
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by James & Zelma Litzmann View Post
    I will talk with Corel next week, and hope to get it fixed. I don't want to take my computer back but I will . . . if they'll let me.

Thanks,
    Zelma
    Zelma:
    I bought a Vista laptop for a person in my company. That person left and I ended up with the machine. I had some problems with my XP laptop, so while it was being repaired I tried using the Vista machine. I absolutely hated it. No way would I swap from XP to Vista. I wish I could return this machine, but it's too late. Vista seems to have some kind of problem and I think I am going to have to restore the whole operating system to get it so that I can "palm" it off on somebody else.
    Just my two cents worth.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I have XP connected to the engraver out in my office. I use Vista in the house. I have no problem working on Corel on the Vista. But I do save the file and send to the XP by e-mail (wireless router) and it engraves/cuts just fine.
    Last edited by Anthony Welch; 01-12-2008 at 6:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Welch View Post
    I have XP connected to the engraver out in my office. I use Vista in the house. I have no problem working on Corel on the Vista. But I do save the file and send to the XP by e-mail (wireless router) and it engraves/cuts just fine.
    Anthony:
    I also have a wireless setup similar to what you describe. Vista may work just fine for what you are doing. I just don't like it as well as XP. I reckon I'm just set in my ways. XP has served me well and I didn't figure it was broke..so why fix it. Reckon Microsoft has to keep on raking those dollars in.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I agree - I hate Vista. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to reload with XP-Pro. 2 Months and I still haven't gotten my email to work - still using webmail.
    Corel does the same for me. I either page up or down, or minimize Corel. This takes care of it, but it can be annoying.
    PhotoGrav doesn't show negative images, but does save them OK. It also gets stuck in memory when exiting. I have to go to Task Manager to kill it.
    This is a brand new laptop.
    The Office at my day-job is moving to Vista soon, So like it or not I have to get use to it.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by James & Zelma Litzmann View Post
    Has anyone else had any problems with X3, I mean getting it to work on Vista. They claim they have it ready for Vista now but I am having issues with it. While working on something, they disappear off the page, you can see the holders but the items disappear. I tried to download the patches and they won't work either. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zelma
    I have the same thing happen to me all the time with Corel. I just close out that session and re load the same image, and it always works fine the second time.
    I have xp pro on a hp duel core with 2 gig of ram and an ati 1950xtx graphic card. so my system should load any image I want without any problems. I never have any issues loading images with adobe so I think it is a glitch with corel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    I agree - I hate Vista. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to reload with XP-Pro. 2 Months and I still haven't gotten my email to work - still using webmail.
    They don't nickname it 'lookout express' for nothing..
    Download Thunderbird (it's free) and works pretty slick.. The spell checker is fantastic.. Makes me look almost literate
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Zelma Litzmann View Post
    While working on something, they dissappear off the page, you can see the holders but the items disappear.
    Zelma,

I'm certainly not defending MicroSoft on this but as James J has confirmed, it is not just a "Vista thing."

Seems that 99% of the time the problem you describe is on laptops. Because of the architecture of current laptops (except for the extremely expensive ones) they don't have dedicated graphics cards; that's my semi-technical analysis.

About two years ago I had an attendee at one of my seminars show me that problem; we created a "work around" to get the objects back (hold down the ALT key and use an arrow key to scroll the page off to the side, then Alt+F4 to bring it back).

My experience? Bought a laptop just as Vista was released. Had your problem, took it back while they still had same laptop in XP, had the same problem! I'm the guy that loves Vista, so I took it back and reclaimed my Vista laptop, doubled the RAM and while it still occurs, not very often. As soon as I learned that, I found that it happens even less if I don't have tons of stuff up in memory.

Call Corel if you want, but I guarantee you that they'll tell you they have never heard of it that problem!

After having this issue for about a year now, I don't even notice it. One of those work-arounds that shouldn't be necessary, but you just "get over it." I do not have the problem with Illustrator or other programs, but am I going to use an inferior program just to avoid the work-around? No way!
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

Well, you are correct. My precious husband & father-in-law decided to surprise me, they went out at Christmas purchased me a laptop! James did his research, he went to the Corel home page and it says it now works with Vista. So, since the only reason they purchased the laptop is so I can work on the go and at home, I purchsased CorelDraw X3.

So . . .

I think contacting Corel is my only option.

***** Anyone know why I am not being notified of my subscriptions to the threads? *****
    Last edited by James & Zelma Litzmann; 01-13-2008 at 7:17 AM.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Earlier versions of X3 had the problems everyone is talking about. The page border would disappear, objects disappear, and the Object Manager would go nuts. By SP2, those problems were all fixed. In my case using XP I can say that's true. I have a machine with Vista that I will test it on when I get a chance and report back. I don't use that machine, it was just for testing Vista, which I do not care for.
    I have seen that some new computers are being sold with and option to switch back to XP. Some sellers charge for it and others do not.
    Please verify that SP2 has loaded. You need to load both SP1 and SP2.
    If you have a new copy, the service packs may be already integrated. You can check it by going to the Help menu/About... and it should be at version 13.0.0.739. If it is, the service packs will not load. I'd also recommmend doing an F8 at start up the first time to reset the defaults.

My version is 13.0.0.739 and the service packs will NOT load, just as you said. I haven't tried the F8 yet, but I will. Thanks
    God Bless,
    Texas

F8 at startup might do it for you.
    Additonally, under the View menu, set the grid to be off, using it only if you have to but turning it off again, and make sure that the display type is not set to Enhanced with Overprints. Just Enhanced or Normal.