Thread: Couldn't Wait

Couldn't Wait

I couldn't wait to see what the cradle looks like right side up so I took it off this morning. I still have a few things to do which require it to be on the building form but it was nice to see the inside of it.

The tops of the transoms will be curved and the knees will be trimmed (they are the horns sticking up at the ends)

Anyway, it's coming.

Lookin' good there Dave!
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Very nice, I like the way your heading. It's different that the other cradles I see and that is cool.

Thanks for sharing.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Thumbs up

Makes me want to get out on the water. Think I'll shovel the sail boat out today. Looking great Dave. It will be around for the Grandbabies to do some serious snooze cruising.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Thanks guys. It's back on the strongback and the walnut rubrails are epoxied in place.

Tyler, I'm dying for the water to get soft enough so I can get my sailboat out too. I only got to sail it five times last year after the August 23rd christening and launch.

The only reason I've been able to stick to the cradle project besides the threat that Kari will give birth before I finish it, is that the sailboat doesn't have skis.

What kind of boat, Tyler?

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    What kind of boat, Tyler?[/QUOTE]

Dave,
    I have an 86 Johnson MC Scow. Kept it on LakeHarriet the last two years. It has made the rounds of the city lakes but mostly goes neglected since I joined OPBYC. (Other Peoples Boat Yacht Club) .
    I love Lake Superior and spend a lot of time up there. My little scow even sailed on the mighty Gitchy Goomie(SP).
    How about yours?
    Did I miss the due date of your new arrival? The new skipper is going to want that craft ship shape for its maiden voyage. If it is going to be passed to the next generation, I wouldn’t let it be a play thing. The one I built could hold a 50lb child but couldn’t stand up to all the dolls, books, dog and using it as a spaceship.
    As I recall the plans and pattern made the rounds of at least 6 friends that built like cradles. Mines the only one still standing after 25 years but just barely. Maybe some of the new technology and adhesives will mend some of these breaks.
    Fair winds.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

That looks great! It will do a wonderful job for the little one who will be occupying it and be the envy of all the little tykes in the neighborhood...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

By George (errr...I mean Dave), I think you've got it! Stick with it, as I'm sure come May, Kari will be having "other" plans for you! Looks great and I can't wait to see the completed boat...I mean cradle!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Jim, thanks. I kind of hope its not the envy of the parents of the tykes of the neighborhood. I don't really want to build another one for awhile. Of course I said I didn't want to build another boat after the sailboat, too.

Tyler, I built a Weekender. It's a gaff rigged sloop, 16' LOD and 20' LOA. Its got a little cabin and a wheel for steering. First launch was on Nokomis on Aug 23rd. I haven't sailed on Superior yet but I've done some sailing on Pepin (not close to the same) with my boat as well as a couple of larger boats that I've done some work on.

Your little scow is probably faster than my boat, though.

In laws have a Johnson fiberglass Y boat and an early wooden X that is in need of rebuild. Maybe someday.

John, thanks. I think Kari's already got other plans for me.

I wish the epoxy would cure a bit faster.