Thread: This is REALLY customer service!!!

This is REALLY customer service!!!

I recently purchased an ECE Primus 711 smoother plane from Lee Valley. I had a problem with the tension rod in the plane that prevented it from working properly. The pin wasn't seating in the cap iron properly which was corrected with a couple file strokes.
    I wrote to customer service at LV Saturday morning explaining the problem in detail. They immediately said they would ship a replacement to me Monday or Tuesday and it would be pretestested by their technical dept. Really excellent service, couldn't ask for more.
    I also posted a message to the E.C Emmerich website seeking advice on the problem at hand. I was not really expecting too much on this one. Sunday about noon, I'm eating lunch and the phone rings. My wife tells me there is someone calling me from Germany that would like to speak to me. It was a gentlemen from management at ECE following up on my email to assist in the problem I was having and offering his assistance.
    I was impressed to say the least, two really excellent companies backing their customer 110%.

Gene

I'm not at all surprised by the great serivce you received from Lee Valley. They get my business whenever I can throw it their way. I've never had a bad experience when dealing with them and really never expect too.

The gentleman from ECE also went way over that extra mile when you consider it was 8:00 PM in Germany when he called you. I'm impressed.

I needed some replacement screws(that hold the frog in place) once for my Stanley plane. Its an odd thread and nothing seemed to fit. I decided to phone Lee Valley and order a set. They had none in stock so the man took my name and address and would send them as soon as thery were received. When I asked how much he said there would be no charge. And I did not even buy the plane there.

Gene,
    You will love that plane once its up and running...its my favorite smoother...even better than Clifton or LN!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"