Thread: What should I use these for?

What should I use these for?

I bought these rollers from a surplus place because I was thinking I could use them for something. Out-feed rollers maybe? Anyone have some good ideas? I got them at allelectronics.com, $4 each and they seem to have a bunch of them. The quality and construction is good. Not heavy duty but I'd say medium duty strength.

would maybe be nice if you are doing resawing on some stock on a band saw, it would be nice to use it in a featherboard style, and give you good solid long support along the bandsaw table against the fence.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Redding View Post
    I bought these rollers from a surplus place because I was thinking I could use them for something. Out-feed rollers maybe? Anyone have some good ideas? ...
    Wish I'd seen those when I was building my panel saw. They would be just about perfect for the bottom support. Would make moving/positioning the sheet super easy.

Hhmm, may be the time for a little retrofit/rework operation on that saw.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Veatch View Post
    Wish I'd seen those when I was building my panel saw. They would be just about perfect for the bottom support. Would make moving/positioning the sheet super easy.

Hhmm, may be the time for a little retrofit/rework operation on that saw.
    I vote for Tom's idea.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

Randy, THANK YOU!! I have been looking for somthing like this for a long long time. I will use them in a series for my DP sled, for my head and food board spindles. Will post pics when done. Reed
    Creation is a transfer of ideas to matter.

Randy, I neglected to do so before, but like Reed, I offer you my thanks for your post. I ordered several of them for retrofitting to my panel saw. Many thanks!!
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

Glad to help. I still don't know what I'm going to do with them but something will come along. Glad others saw their potential too. The dimensions for them are at the supplier's website.

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    Roller skates. You could mount them on a board and use the for roller beds.