Thread: Miter T track for router table

Miter T track for router table

Building a new router table, looking for hardware. Rockler seems to only have t track, not miter gauge t track, MLCS has some, but doesn't seem to sell bolts and knobs to fit, except in a kit, which I'd need 3 or 4, anybody have hardware they really like? Need to get something ordered, already have the top glued up. Would like something that could use a readily available bolt. Jim

Jim, in my experience, Rockler sells the T track cheaper than anywhere else I have found it. For the bolts I pop down to the local mom & pop hardware store and buy a bunch of toilet "closet bolts" which are a standard 1/4" x 20 tpi. They cost less than half what you will find them online and fit all the standard star knobs out there (for woodworking) and all T track.

Be well,

Doc

I would suggest Lee Valley, great products and the worlds best customer service.

Heather

PS Just my .02

Last edited by Tom Veatch; 01-21-2008 at 12:02 AM.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Don Abele View Post
    Jim, in my experience, Rockler sells the T track cheaper than anywhere else I have found ...
    That's been my experience also. As of a day or so ago, Rockler had the 4' T-Track kits on sale at half price (US$11.49).
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

For the perfectionist.. the uber expensive option which allows adjustment of the width so that it can be matched to your TS.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bench-Dog-40-0...891274&sr=1-46

Woodcraft sells T-track, mitre track, t-bolts and knobs. Some are generic, some are Kreg, some are Incra. I just made a Mark Duginske type bandsaw dovetail jig and tried the Incra 16" adjustable t-track ( about 17 bucks) but it gave me fits because it's adjustable for fit in the mitre slot. I just couldn't get it to fit so it wasn't too sloppy or too tight, so I put on a generic one that I had left over from a multi-piece kit I had purchased. Works fine now-no slop.
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges