Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oneida Cyclone - My Install Problems

What about putting three or four screw eyes in the ceiling and lifting the motor assy on ropes? Pulling down and pushing up at the same time would keep from having extreme tension on the bolts and having multiple ropes would provide a safety margin.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber View Post
    What about putting three or four screw eyes in the ceiling and lifting the motor assy on ropes? Pulling down and pushing up at the same time would keep from having extreme tension on the bolts and having multiple ropes would provide a safety margin.

That's exactly how I mounted mine. I did it all by myself and a 1-ton come-along. It took a few hours to rig and test the pulley system but once I got things balanced etc. it worked like a charm! I had to get my SDG to sit in between two joist bays. The total height is a couple of inches more than advertised.

If you unbolt the can from the cone you could rotate the upper section to allow the stand to be against the wall and the filter to not be touching the wall. Just rotate until the filter works and keep going until the holes line up.

I did mine myself and I am still feeling it! Get some ducts hooked up asap but be careful. First time I turned it on it ate my pencils, pad of paper and 2 pairs of safety glasses in about 3 seconds. We all have our issues I guess.
    Strive for perfection...Settle for completion