Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Me wants to fight a GRIZZLY!!!!!

Me wants to fight a GRIZZLY!!!!!

So, after doing a lot of shopping around, price and product comparisons to outfit my new shop I convinced myself that going with Grizzly for most of my items would be the best option. Price and quality seemed to intersect with one another with this company.
    I shot off an email of the products I desired in order to confirm the shipping costs and they don't even ship to Canada because of a non-competition agreement with an unnamed company

Alas, here I sit, back at the drawing board. Thought I'd share my disappointment you all. What a bummer.
    Grrrr.

Maybe someone here will know what that other company is. Then you would pretty much know that it is the same equipment. Seems like Shop Fox is basically the same items, with a longer warranty? Good luck! You'll find something. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Calgary's not that far from the US. Couldn't you have it shipped somewhere and go pick it up and cart it home?

That really stinks Chris. Sorry to hear you're left high and dry.

BTW...I've come to the same conclusion as you on the price/performance aspects of Grizzly's product line. I've started with one of their 2HP Cyclone DCs and hoping to get a 15" stationary planer in the next month or two.

Barry

I remember seeing people complain about this before. It is the first time I have seen that its because of a non competition agreement. Seems strange in todays cut-throat business tactical world. Sorry to hear about your bad fortune though.

I believe BusyBee Tools is the company they have the agreement with.

http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/homep...=homepage2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bonham View Post
    Calgary's not that far from the US. Couldn't you have it shipped somewhere and go pick it up and cart it home?
    Thought of this....shipping to Montana plus box truck rental, plus gas, plus border costs or hassles....not really going to end up being that much cheaper.

I'll likely shop locally. Not a fan of what busybee sells....

Chris is you really have your heart set on Grizzly there should be a workaround to this. Have any friends or family south of the border?

The only downside would be paying the extra freight cost of double handling. But you'll have the stuff you wanted.

Chris, what are you looking to buy? I saw your thread about the table saw, are you going to get anything else? If you are going to buy a few tools you may want to consider a combo of some sort.

Busy Bee is the Canadian company. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the President of Grizzly and the owner of Busy Bee are closely related. I also think that the products aren't the same. Busy Bee seems to be 3-5 years behind Grizzly in terms of features and further behind in terms of fit and finish. That said, I have a couple of BB tools in my shop that do what I expect them to do. They're ugly and crudely made but they work!

Regards,

Ron

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    Maybe they own a company in Canada? Have you tried Shop Fox yet?

A question I would have before I have it shipped in the US and then go down and pick it up ... what about warranty and/or any replacement parts you may require over the life of the product? Will Grizzly honor those to a Canadian address?

13. Just took a quick look at the cyclones available from Busy Bee, and they look a lot like the JDS units.

Bob A.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rowe View Post
    A question I would have before I have it shipped in the US and then go down and pick it up ... what about warranty and/or any replacement parts you may require over the life of the product? Will Grizzly honor those to a Canadian address?
    good question ... i would think it would be like if i moved to Canada and took my saw with me. one would THINK you could still get parts, etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Koepke View Post
    good question ... i would think it would be like if i moved to Canada and took my saw with me. one would THINK you could still get parts, etc ..
    That question would be worth a phone call to customer service.