Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Thinking Chair?

Shop Thinking Chair?

What are you using as your shop thinking chair...Do you have a nitch chair for that perfect place in your shop? A chair where you can relax and do your thinking?

For my next tool, I would like to add that perfect chair fit for a shop. Do you have one? Share your ideas and/or pics.

Regards, Justin

I do my thinking at work

or reading forums.

I have a plastic patio chair that I sit in at the end of the day and plan the next adventures.

Blog Entries
    I have two stools in my shop. One I bought before I realized all it did was take up space because I do my sitting after I'm done in the shop. The other is just visiting till I can find it a good home.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I have a stool, and a plastic stackable patio chair. If I'm reading or just resting/thinking and looking around, it's the plastic chair. If I'm drawing or inspecting, its the stool. Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 01-22-2008 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Blog Entries
    A couple of walmart green plastic, stackable chairs. One for me and one for my BIL when we sit have a cigar, a good drink and a great conversation. The rest of the time I'm on my feet.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I have a stool in the shop that I sometimes sit on, but often use to hold something I'm spraying finish on... LOL I sometimes do "thinking" on it, but most of my thinking gets done here in my office.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thinking Chair

In my city thay have bulk pickup every 2 months.So I also looking for the right one.If it don't work out I throw it out and look more.Right now I have 3 high back leather computer chairs.Amazing what some throw out.Also i have 2 stools.Sounds like a lot but seems like the older gents in the neighborhood always stopping by to see what is happening.Always a good time there.

I'm still trying to finish the shop. Then I'll worry about a chair.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I just told someone that this was my thinking chair the other day. Here is a picture of it.
    It is a 1950's mahogany chair my mother left me. The seat has the original fabric and the back does also though it is under a newer fabric. It is still very comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, most of my ideas come to me when I'm trying to get to sleep.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I have a stool that I got out of the trash some 42 years ago. I put 2 layers of 3/4 ply on it for a seat and that is the way its been since I got it. Its a metal stool and is built like a battleship and will be aroung long after I am gone.
    Now it does have many many layers of paint on it, like Jim I do use it as a spray stand.

Mine is a shop built (day job shop) rolling seat like you see auto mechanics use, about 1/2 height of a standard stool with a footrest, tool drawer under the seat etc.... problem is I made it with 1/4" wall square tubing so it's HEAVY as sin. I park my posterior on that or on my bench now that I lowered it some (can sit on it w/out hitting head on the ceiling ) to accomodate hand tool work & allow more of the force used when pushing hand planes to come from my lower body.
    But my best thoughts usually come far removed from said sitting places....

Greg

The perfect Chair

Here is the perfect chair for planning your next project or figuring out exactly how you are going to make that next cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Bin View Post
    Here is the perfect chair for planning your next project or figuring out exactly how you are going to make that next cut.
    Amen!!!!!!!!!!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    A couple of walmart green plastic, stackable chairs. One for me and one for my BIL when we sit have a cigar, a good drink and a great conversation. The rest of the time I'm on my feet.
    This sounds like the last couple of minutes of every "Boston Legal" episode.
    Tipp City, Ohio