Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Thinking Chair?

Two plastic lawn chairs, one office style tall stool, one short stool, office style chair and a half dozen or so plastic milk crates.

I use the plastic lawn chairs the most.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Folding metal chairs here. They fold and stand up along with the saw horses and roller stands out of the way when the action starts. The also make a god awful noise when I knock them over fishing out a saw horse or roller stand

I have an old Beer Keg that I found at a yard sell for 25 cents. Put it on some rollers I had from an old IV Pole and now I have a stool that I can roll where ever, sit on, stand on, beat on, or even use it to hold something up. Should put a padded seat on it, but then I may spend too much time on it.
    Cheers

J
    o
    h
    n
    ________

Stupid Hurts.............

Blog Entries
    [quote=Ralph Barhorst;753577]This sounds like the last couple of minutes of every "Boston Legal" episode.[/q
    Believe me, there is a defenite parallel. (Love that show)
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    A wooden boat builder friend calls it his the "mumbling chair".
    I have a old office chair with wheels. Arm rests broken off so I can sit with tool belt, or over coat and mumble.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

6. It's a prototype I built of a Chippendale. The thing isn't finished but you can sit in it.

LOL Todd Bin - a lot of dreaming and scheming happens on that special chair.

Gents - Good thoughts...I'll scope the large cleanup around the city when spring breaks out again. I don't have any excess chairs that are remotely comfortable and fit for the shop right now. I was thinking of one of the patio chairs to use while the patio is not. I have plenty of the plastic chairs for times when larger groups come over so that could tide over as well.

Appreciate the thoughts and thank you. Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Bin View Post
    Here is the perfect chair for planning your next project or figuring out exactly how you are going to make that next cut.
    We must shop at the same furniture store One of my 2 cats cant wait til I'm on the thinking chair either. She likes to hop on my lap and plan her next day's activities while I'm planning mine.
    Use the fence Luke

I made a wooden "seat" I slip over the adjustable roller support when needed. Its only about six inches deep but chair scooped so its comfortable enough for shop use. Added a small foot ledge. And its height adjustable which is handy at times.

Not my original idea, got it from another guy at a former shop. Its a nice option to have when doing some bench work, good to change body position from standing to tall seated.

My barber remodeled his shop and I now have the old barber chair in which I have spend the last 25 years. Lots of thinking possible in the lowered or raised positions. But I gotta be careful not to hit the side lever which will lower the back rest into a horizontal position faster than you can say: Oh s...
    Last edited by Adolf Hendriks; 01-23-2008 at 10:20 PM.

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    If I am doing sanding with a hand held sander I use a chair at the table. If I am working at the bench I have a stool. Standing for me is very bad(bad back) I have two stools and one chair. The stools are old bar stools.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Bin View Post
    Here is the perfect chair for planning your next project or figuring out exactly how you are going to make that next cut.

I wondered who was going to be the first one to post Flush Gordan.

I currently have a 100 year old cast iron and wood bankers stool, in my shop, but there are times it is a little tall. I need to get better at welding, I am also interested in cars (although I wrenched for someone else, because I can't afford what I like), and have been keeping my eyes out for big wheels or rims. I may just stack three wheels, weld them together and make a cushion for something smaller. I would like to make it, so it could be a footstool for the bankers stool otherwise (multitask).

Hello,

I bought a Craftsman hydraulic stool. It's not a "thinking" stool per say as much as an integral tool.

Age - "bad knees" - too much Miller High Life - years of retail being "on my feet" 8 to 12 hours - all have added up to my not being able to spend more than an hour, at best, on my feet.

Also - a few years of working at a bench repairing printers & PC's using a stool w/out a back taught me the importance of having a good back support.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

My neighbor & his family (fellow woodworker & SMCer) got me this shop stool for my birthday a few years ago. I really like the back rest, it helps because of my messed up lower back. My old wooden stool is now relegated to "finishing platform"
    Attached Images Attached Images