Thread: Hilti Tool Rep.?

Thumbs up Hilti Tool Rep.?

I was just wondering if there are any Hilti Tool Reps. that belong to this site, if so please respond.. I have a few questions that I need answered … thanks
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I am a Hilti Center rep in Las Vegas.

Feel free to email me @ lordmoos3@gmail.com.

Blog Entries
    I have a question for you. Where do I go to get a jig saw repaired in Tucson? The one I have, the blade turns sideways as you're cutting. I'd rather fix it myself if I can.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

If the jigsaw is still under its 1 year no cost warranty period, you have a few options. We have a pro shop in Tucson, on 7677 E. Broadway inside the Home Depot. There should be a rep there who can send your tool in for repair. Inside the first year, we pay shipping both ways. Currently we're running 3-5 days on our turnaround for repairs. If its outside the 1 year no-cost period, its still covererd under the lifetime repair cost limit service. on a WSJ 750 it should be no more than about $60 or so on an 850, I think its no more than $80. (I don't recall the exact prices off the top of my head at the moment) If its less, (for example, it needs a $5 part, you'll only get charged the lesser amount.) Instead of going to HD, you can call 1-800-879-8000 and ask for tool repair, and they can set you up with a shipping label, and everything you would need to get the tool to us to be fixed. Either way, we don't generally sell parts for customers to self-repair the tools.

Hope I've answered your question. If not, feel free to email me at the above address.

Thanks,
    Scott "Moose" Harris
    Las Vegas South Hilti Center Representative

Blog Entries
    Thanks very much Harris. I've been using Hilti tools for a couple decades, always been happy. This is the first time I've had to have one to be serviced. BTW I have a recipricating saw too. I thought I'd mention that although it works great, the design of the forward part lend to putting your hand on the keyless chuck while it's in motion and it has caught my fingers on numerous occasions. Hilti might want to take a look at that. Other than that, love the stuff. Thanks again.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    Thanks very much Harris. I've been using Hilti tools for a couple decades, always been happy. This is the first time I've had to have one to be serviced. BTW I have a recipricating saw too. I thought I'd mention that although it works great, the design of the forward part lend to putting your hand on the keyless chuck while it's in motion and it has caught my fingers on numerous occasions. Hilti might want to take a look at that. Other than that, love the stuff. Thanks again.

Anytime

This January, we have brought out a new recip, the WSR 1000. Its priced at $129 to compete with other manufacturers, and has a more traditional design. If you need something with more power than that, there's the 1250, and 1400 models as well.

Thanks for the kind words about our tools. We love to hear that sort of thing

Scott "Moose" Harris