Thread: badger pond

badger pond

what's with the 404 error? clicked on biographies and got this 404 is fake. i'm so depressed....i'm just a web server...who are you to ...blah ...blah...blah...think someone hacked into waynes system...check it out......
    chris

Badger Pond is Over

Wayne gave us a months notice. He closed the Pond Last Friday at Mid-Night.
    <center>Did you not know?
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond

no, i knew...go look at the site...click on articles and tell me who that is...did wayne put that 404 message up...?
    chris

Hahahaha! That must have been Wayne's little joke! I enjoyed it!
    Jerry Doan

Chris that 404 error page

Is all Wayne's. One of the funniest things I ever saw having to do with web site admin. I saw it the first time & laughed my tail off & had to watch the whole thing

As to getting it now - as Dr. Zack said - the Pond is all dried up if you did not already know. Wayne shut it down for personal reasons at the end of last month.

The shop tours can be found at shoptours.org thanks to Rod Peterson & the articles & reviews are now at woodcentral. The archives are being put on CD by Andrew Field. You can find most of the old ponders right here at sawmillcreek - so pull up a log & set a spell
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

just wondering if it is really a joke.....
    chris

Chris - Wayne had that message

there before the Pond closed down. Hard to imagine he ever had time - but he must have been bored one night to come up with it.

I saw it a few months before the end of the line so it's not a joke about the closing of the Pond. Just a general joke
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Tom is correct, Wayne had that message up a little before he broke the news to us, if I'm not mistaken. The Pond's been gone for 6 days now, and the Creek's been here for, let's see, three weeks?!? I think that's right. Wayne originally posted that on the Support Forum @ Badger Pond. It is a joke, but has absolutely nothing to do with the Pond's closing...period.

Joe S. is right. I first saw that 404 msg probably 6 months ago after I had been visiting the pond for several months. I laughed my butt off. I didn't post anything about it because I figured it was old news to the regulars, but sure enough, even some of the regulars were surprised to find it after someone mentioned it in a thread a couple months ago.

Jason