Thread: Legacy Ornamental Mill

Legacy Ornamental Mill

Any one have one of these, I have been looking at the Model 900.Would be interested in a used one.

Legacy 900

I bought one at IWF 5 or 6 years ago. I had a Mantel to build for a contractor that required a 6" x 42" half column with a spiral design. The column was going to cost about $400 to buy and I would still have to cut it in half. I was hoping the contractor would want several more so I bought the mill, router and bits to make them myself. As it turned out I only made two of them. The strenth of the machine is making spiral, fluted and beaded columns up to 4' long. I tried making molding on mine once but thought it was more trouble than using a router table or shaper. I'am not sorry I bought mine even though I don't use it very much. There is or was a Google forum dedacated to the Legacy mills.
    Cannon

Unhappy

I got one some years back when they first came out. they are pricey (once you get all the accessories) big learning curve, and the one I had the drive wheels didn’t line up very good , I sent mine back to the company ,they had a 90 guaranty or something like that at the time… if you didn’t like it.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006