Thread: Off To A Slow Start

Off To A Slow Start

Finally managed to get some blanks glued up and made these few as a start. Corian really does turn and finish nicely and I'm hoping to get a little faster as I go! Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ted Calver; 03-03-2004 at 8:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver
    Finally managed to get some blanks glued up and made these few as a start. Corian really does turn and finish nicely and I'm hoping to get a little faster as I go! Thanks for looking.
    Nice pens, Ted! Really like the stripe accents. That Corian is pretty nice stuff to turn, ain't it? And, you don't have to worry about "catches"!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Slow or fast it is a start. Hang in there Ted.
    Thanks for your time and talents.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver
    Wow, Ted! Those look super!

I REALLY like the accent stripes. Sure wish I had some of that there red and blue corian (Ken . . . ya payin attention? . . . yo Ken . . . red and blue Corian . . . )

Nice lines, too.

Good job.

Jerry

RW&B Corian for Jerry

Jerry,

Read my thread from yesteray about "Free Corian".

It's Here !!!

Well done!

Ted, Great looking pens and nice job with the camera! See you at the TWT Great Pen Turning on 13 Mar. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Jerry,

Read my thread from yesteray about "Free Corian".

It's Here !!!
    Hi Keith,

As soon as I posted this last night, I went back to the main forums and saw that the RWB was available. Hope you got my email wanting some.

Thanks!

Jerry

Freedom Pens

On Wednesday March 10, Joe Flanagan from WVEC TV will be doing Joe's Job from the Woodcraft Store at Janaf. It will be a a story on the turning of the freedom pens. I was trying to get him there Saturday but they only do the program on weekdays for the morning news. He will be learning to turn a pen that will be shown on the morning news program. It should be some great news coverage. The Tidewater Turners will have several people there manning lathes and instructing Joe on the fine art of turning a pen for the freedom pen collection. It will start at 5am if anyone would like to come out in support and maybe even man a lathe.

Rue Stuteville

Hey Rue, you kind of "snuck in", stealth like! Welcome to the Creek! Sounds to me like you're making yourself a great asset to the membership, right off the get-go! Cool!!! Don't be shy and give us a bit more bio about yourself. (OK, you can leave out the part about being wanted by the FBI, CIA and Deputy Fife... ). Great place to hang out here! Come often, stay long....
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Hey Rue, you kind of "snuck in", stealth like! Welcome to the Creek! Sounds to me like you're making yourself a great asset to the membership, right off the get-go! Cool!!! Don't be shy and give us a bit more bio about yourself. (OK, you can leave out the part about being wanted by the FBI, CIA and Deputy Fife... ). Great place to hang out here! Come often, stay long....

Don't know about sneaking in, but I am new on this forum. I guess I posted it in the wrong place for eveyone to see. I am a member of the Tidewater Turners, and I am the newsletter editor. I couldn't be at the pen turning day so I tried to help out the effort with a little TV time. Looks like this is a good place to hang out. Not much on the bio I like wood turning and making miniatures. Retire federal employee.

Rue