Thread: New directions....

New directions....

..and small gloat, added a Ridgid jointer to the mix, I'm hoping to add some square boxes to my line. The jointer was a deal $200 for the floor model, it was missing the key for the switch and a nut to hold the fence both items are patched for now untill the backorder shows up. I haven't been around much due to a $50 home inprovement job thats up $500+.

Hi Anthony

I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering where you had gotten to. I am glad to see you posting again. I don't think you had better say too much about your new directions or they won't let you in the door at Hardy's.

Bill

Hi Anthony, did you get your saw mounted on the new cabinet yet? If so, let's see some pics. I built the same cabinet, it's almost finished and I hope to start mounting the saw this weekend. Got sidetracked on other projects, trying to do too many things at once.
    Tony

Congrats on the new jointer, Anthony! I hear the Ridgid units are OK and that's a heckuva' price! Enjoy and don't make yourself a stranger!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Geepers...everyone else is going to "round" and you're going to "flat". Somebody always has to swim up-stream...

(Congrats on the excellent acquisition. Nice price, and a jointer is an essential tool in the shop)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'm quite happy with the jointer, it isn't an aircraft carrier but it's far better than my Delta benchtop.
    Bill, Dave and I talk about flat work a good bit.

Anthony

Anthony, I made the same move as you several years ago, the Delta benchtop jointer to the original Ridgid jointer. It's a world of difference! You'll be amazed.

Stay flat! Resist the temptation!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bourbois
    Anthony, I made the same move as you several years ago, the Delta benchtop jointer to the original Ridgid jointer. It's a world of difference! You'll be amazed.

Stay flat! Resist the temptation!
    I've been round for ten years, the temptation is flat!