Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your Vote: Best Customer Service

Lie Nielsen is #1 in my book.

Lee Valley is a VERY close #2.

Lee Valley, Garret Wade. Woodpecker

LN and LV

in alphabetical order. Why are they the best, because I get what I expect and don't typically have to deal with what we are calling 'customer service'. I know no product/company is without flaw, but the best customer service in my mind is providing quality products/services to begin with so there is minimal reason to address a problem in the future. When you get it right the first time (most of the time), there is no need for the 'second chance' that accompanies poor performance.
    Jay Kilpatrick in Saginaw, Tx

# 1. LN , even thought I have have really not had to deal with the service dept.

# 2. LV , the couple of times I have had to there are no questions asked.

This is a no brainer, for sure. It has to be Home Depot.

NOT exactly.

For me it has been the Woodcraft store here in Colorado Springs. They are pleasant, respectful, and will answer any question with lots of advise and help.

And, They are moving and will be only a quarter mile from my work. I see some long lunches in my future.

Wyn Environmental and Lee Valley.

Clear-Vue Cyclones

Lee Valley

Bob Marino (Festool rep)

Bob's THE MAN for Festool purchases. He takes care of you above and beyond and floods you with hats, t-shirts, coffee mugs, and even a few freebies here and there....

Veritas/Lee Valley is also outstanding. I barely worry about a product I buy from LV because they simply do not sell cra...err, bad stuff....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Are we talking for service related issues or just outstanding CS because you bought something?

Hands down the best CS I have got for no reason was from two SMC/Woodnet recommended vendors.

One is Brain at Holbren dot com - he got me the tool rolls I needed for my Two Cherries chisels - I had bought the box set. He also beats any price I can find on my whiteside router bits. He is my main guy for the router bits I need/want. One day while driving he pulled off to the side of the road to help me figure out what I needed and to take my order. that was awesome.

The other is Mark at Heavy Duty Tools dot net. He has packaged me so many hand power tool deals that now I go to him whenever I am thinking about new ones. He is GREAT to deal with. His deals are amazing!!

For Service issues.
    Charles at Freud is the man. He got me a new shaper cutter box for my UC900 set when the one from amazon was destroyed. Not an easy part to get I bet. He made it happen.

The Steel City boys sent me a 2nd laser for my drill press when the set screw was damaged. I also mentoned one of the set screws had some play and the finish had been rubbed off on on part of the press. They sent two new set screws and a can of color matched paint. That 17" drill press is awesome btw!

Delta folks in Tn. They helped me with my shaper and the cover for my feeder. They are very fast. They really do a good job supporting their products.

The Dewalt Service center in KS (thanks to teh advice of a woodnet buddy in Tx). They had my PC router replaced in 3 days and also sent som PC branded accessory items with the router. I sent them $ for pizza when I sent my router in for repair. Lunch was on me that day is what I told them.

Amazon is the best CS retailer I have used. They price match and retroactively honor the pricing, siometimes many times over when the prices start falling. I have probably had just as many bad CS calls with them as any other but that is only because I have bought 10X as much from them as any other. They have also gotten the majority of my huge tool sales. No tax and usually free shipping is awesome and their shipping to me is very very fast. I purchase a lot more than just WW things from them.

Craft Supply out of Utah, without a doubt. Jude

It's hard to fault any that give extraordinary service, and there are several, but it's pretty neat to see folks like Brian Gumpper (Holbren) , Charles McCracken (Freud), or Shiraz Balolia (Grizzly) answer posts here that address service issues before it's even requested by the customer.

I've also had good service from Delta, Amazon, Infinity, Hartville, and even Sears.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 01-28-2008 at 3:59 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Lie Nielsen
    Japan Woodworker
    Tools For Working Wood
    "History is strewn with the wrecks of nations which have gained a little progressiveness at the cost of a great deal of hard manliness, and have thus prepared themselves for destruction as soon as the movements of the world gave a chance for it." -Walter Bagehot

Quote Originally Posted by Don C Peterson View Post
    Tools For Working Wood
    Ooh - forgot about them. Them too!

Craft Supply, Rockler, woodcraft.