Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Gentleman's Pen - by request...

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    Moderators, thanks for removing that post. I'm even more glad that I didn't respond when I thought about it. Many here have different likes and dislikes. But resorting to name calling when you know it will offend is rediculous. Fer Pete's sake, it is enough to disagree over power tools!

David
    Wait a minute! Who "disagrees" over power tools?! *Everyone* knows Craftsman has got THE best stuff out there! Just ask Bob (Villa); He'll tell set you straight! Hrrmph! Boy, some people's kids!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

My apology!

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    Moderators, thanks for removing that post. I'm even more glad that I didn't respond when I thought about it. Many here have different likes and dislikes. But resorting to name calling when you know it will offend is rediculous. Fer Pete's sake, it is enough to disagree over power tools!

David

David,
    My original apology, along with the original post were both wisely deleted. However, I will try again. If you or any of the other fine folks on this board took offense at my ill-advised attempt at humor, I am extremely and truly sorry. I do not hunt. It's just not my thing. On the other hand, the majority of my friends and relatives ARE hunters. I always wish them a safe hunt and hope that they return with a "Trophy".

Additionally, if the government were to attempt to take away our guns, I would be the first in line to defend YOUR constitutional right to "keep and bear arms"!

I have lived in the north woods of Wisconsin for many years. During that time, I have seen severe Winters and overpopulation situations where the herd suffers horrendously. Many deer make it to plowed roads and are simply too weak to get back into the woods. They are either hit by vehicles or, more frequently, just lay down on the side of the road and die of starvation. Under those circumstances, with no natural predators, how can ANY reasonable or caring person NOT support hunting them and giving the rest of the herd a chance to survive and thrive.

Lastly, if forgiven, I will promise to never EVER take a shot at any form of controversial humor. I will leave that to the professionals. I intended no malice whatsoever and I failed miserably. Again, I am TRULY sorry and very embarrassed!! What more can I say?? I will even burn my Jeff Foxworthy CD if that will help.

Apologetically,

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Thumbs up

Way to go Dennis, Arvin and Chris. Those are some fantastic pens!

Dale, obviously to me at least, I owe YOU an appology! You know, when I first read the post I thought "humorous". But there are some folks out there... No request for forgiveness is needed. You are totally forgiven for MY misunderstanding! Ugh! You know, as much as I love the net for the education is continues to bring us, sometimes I hate it. LOL If we were face to face, I would have had a much better idea of what you really meant. I use dry humor (and sometimes sarcastic) all the time, and hope that others do not misunderstand.

I haven't hunted in years. Mostly because we are just too tired that time of year to do it, being in the "hunting" business. And many of our customers buy guns and accessories for other purposes. I have no problem with anyone who doesn't hunt or even who feels it is distasteful to them. ...as long as they don't tread on my (and my customer's) opportunity to do that. I almost said "right" to hunt. That is not a constitutional right. It was implied in it's day, but the constitution was about being able to resist a government gone awry within or outside our borders.

OK, here is my deal. If you can stand being humiliated once in a while by this type of appology, you must keep posting humor. If you can't, do it anyway. Humility is good for you! Just ask me.

Please accept my appology for not realizing that you are above that kind of cut. Why would you out of the blue say something so out of character? That would be... out of character. Sometimes we can be so intolerant on *both* sides of the fence.

Keep the JF CD.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 03-06-2004 at 8:27 AM.

Noooooo! John... Craftsman is not the best. Imported Fright is. I still have a 6" Craftsman saw. I can't even find the trunions. Does it have any? I don't really use the saw. It is stored. Bandsaws RULE!!! I don't care what brand. What are "kickbacks"? So... I have a little more planing to do.

Watch what you say about my Mother, Dude! Or was that my Dad?

David

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Wait a minute! Who "disagrees" over power tools?! *Everyone* knows Craftsman has got THE best stuff out there! Just ask Bob (Villa); He'll tell set you straight! Hrrmph! Boy, some people's kids!

Hey Dale, before you go and burn a perfectly good CD, feel free to send it on over here! I love the guy! Never hear much about/from him these days. Bummer. Oh, BTW, no apologies necessary on my account neither, from you OR David. Now, getting back to those pens and antlers; Anybody got a couple extra's? I've struck out 3 out of 3 with hunters, who have "promised" me to dig out some "rejects", but alas, I'm still empty handed!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Uh, John... are you saying *I* don't need to applogize to *you*? Thanks. I didn't think I owed you one. But let's turn that around and...

Do you really want some antler material? Our deer are pretty small and guys mount teeny little things. But my Dad has been getting some antlers from his friends. They aren't large either, but he has found enough material to make pens. Would you like me to ask him if he has any extra? He complains about a "rough surface" on them but I don't know if that is due to the antler or other things. Least I can do for a feller who shares the Creek water with my dirty feet.

David

Hey Dale, before you go and burn a perfectly good CD, feel free to send it on over here! I love the guy! Never hear much about/from him these days. Bummer. Oh, BTW, no apologies necessary on my account neither, from you OR David. Now, getting back to those pens and antlers; Anybody got a couple extra's? I've struck out 3 out of 3 with hunters, who have "promised" me to dig out some "rejects", but alas, I'm still empty handed!

Uh, well...It sounded like you were apologizing to everyone, fer cryin' out loud!

At any rate, don't worry 'bout the antlers. I'll source some out locally, though I sincerely appreciate the offer! I've got so dern many other things on my plate right now, anyway.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Thank You!!

David,
    Again, Thanks! If it were not for humility and humbleness, I would be perfect! One exception, just keep me out of the shop! My "stuff" is the universal definition of "humble".

Roger on the JF CD!

Thanks Again,
    Dale T.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 03-06-2004 at 8:28 AM.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Good Luck!!

Hey Spring,
    NEVER ask a hunter for a rack! You may as well ask a homeless person to help pay your rent. The answer will always be a vacant stare. On the other hand, if you have a fifteen-point rack and ask the same hunter if they want it, you get the same stare. They have no interest.

A rack is a very private connection between the deer and a "real" sportsman.

Find a person who searches the woods for "sheds". They have to be quick because deer antler is a favorite food of porcupines.

The best thing is to get yourself a gun and go out and get your own "Trophy".! If you are in really deep need of antlers - I can help - let me know. I know that you Spring Green guys are poor, so I will "donate" to your shop.

Dale T.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    Hey Spring,
    NEVER ask a hunter for a rack! You may as well ask a homeless person to help pay your rent. The answer will always be a vacant stare. On the other hand, if you have a fifteen-point rack and ask the same hunter if they want it, you get the same stare. They have no interest.

A rack is a very private connection between the deer and a "real" sportsman.

Find a person who searches the woods for "sheds". They have to be quick because deer antler is a favorite food of porcupines.

The best thing is to get yourself a gun and go out and get your own "Trophy".! If you are in really deep need of antlers - I can help - let me know. I know that you Spring Green guys are poor, so I will "donate" to your shop.

Dale T.
    Thanks Dale! I'll PM you momentarily...
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Hey Dale, before you go and burn a perfectly good CD, feel free to send it on over here! I love the guy! Never hear much about/from him these days. Bummer.
    John, Have you seen The Blue Collar Comedy tour?????? If not hold on to your sides.
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don Farr
    John, Have you seen The Blue Collar Comedy tour?????? If not hold on to your sides.
    Don, no I haven't. Guess I'll have to look that one up. I assume it's on DVD?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Very Nice looking Pen..

I sure hope it is available on DVD, as I want it! You will laugh your backside off watching those guys. My kids are always checking Comedy Central to see if it is on again.

Don, no I haven't. Guess I'll have to look that one up. I assume it's on DVD?
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    "If you work hard enough and long enough to make something "idiot-proof", rest assured that someone will build a better idiot!"