Thread: Epilog Legend TT - Vector table down-draft?

Epilog Legend TT - Vector table down-draft?

I purchased my Legend TT used, so at the moment I'm using an after-market vector grid, which mostly works great, but I want to cut some very light materials and the after-market grid doesn't have any down-draft, instead it draws the air directly over the material being cut.

Does anyone have a Legend TT with the Epilog vector grid, and if so does it use down-draft exhaust?

Finally, does anyone know if the factory grid does down draft, can it be installed later on a non-vector-equipped TT?

Thanks,
    Al
    Laser Engraver: Epilog Legend 24TT 35-watt
    Lathe: Delta X5 46-746 - 3HP/220v, 16"x42"

I have that machine with the Epilog vector grid and no, there's no downdraft. On this machine the air is pulled straight across to cool the tube. I asked and any alterations to the exhaust to make it pull from below, which I thought looked fairly simple, would void the warranty. Even now that the warranty is over it does seem like it could affect tube life. My suggestion, which I hope to try eventually, is a home made vacuum table to replace the vector grid (which lifts right out).

Meanwhile I use 1/4" acrylic grid (scrap from cutting out parts) and tape the edges, (& center if needed from back side) of light stuff. I also have a 1/8"
    mesh plastic screen that I attach w/velcro over the exhaust as needed to stop parts from blowing out.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thanks for the quick answer, that is what I suspected. I too use various methods to keep things in place. The mesh over the out ports is a great idea, I'll make one up that I can use in such situations.
    Laser Engraver: Epilog Legend 24TT 35-watt
    Lathe: Delta X5 46-746 - 3HP/220v, 16"x42"