Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning Table Saw

Thanks for all this info. I really don't want to use the saw until I have the guard and splitter. I'm afraid that if I use the saw without either, that will delay my purchase of them. So I made a rule that I won't use it until they are attached.

Terry, I'm going to look into the blade guard you made, looks very great and looks every bit as good A/M models.

So many decisions to make. I certainly appreciate your help. I've only been a member of this forum for about month and I have to say that it is wonderful.

I'll post my gloat when the Unisaw and the other equipment I ordered arrives. Of course pictures are mandatory.

Thanks,
    chris

Unisaw won't go to zero

Not able to bring blade to zero degrees. Trunion moves to stop when stop and lock nut all the way in to trunion. 45 degree stop has plenty of adjustment room. All parts thoroughly cleaned and lubricated.

I would recommend you buy a Wixey angle indicator. I recently got 1 and found my TS and Jointer off by a bit. Since setting them using the Wixey, all's GOOD now.

Regarding an overarm blade guard/DC:
    I just installed a PSI unit and find it to work well when connected to a good Shop-Vac. It won't get all the dust form the top but will get a great deal of it. They have 4 more units being sold on a "Scratch 'n Dent" sale that are being sold at $138.00. The only thing wrong with them are very slight scratches on the tubes. For the money, a great deal. If you call them, talk to Jeff.

Now I need help:
    What is the best easily removed splitter I can install to my JET 10" Cabinet saw?
    Is there a "Splitter" that can be installed to the elevating mechanism that will rise and fall with the blade?
    Carry on, regardless.