Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Back in the shop this weekend working on the wet bar cabinetry for the addition. I'll also be trying to finalize what we're doing for the laundry room cabinetry as well as for the master closet. Professor Dr. SWMBO has the YMCA run this weekend, so I'll have most of both days to do what I need to do.

Oh, and for anyone following (or interested) in our addition project, I finally got around to posting a BLOG update last night with lot's of pictures.
    Jim:

I noticed in one of the pictures in your BLOG some nice looking logs? It's the picture where you guys are unloading a truck. It that walnut? Looks like nice stuff!
    Last edited by Greg Just; 02-01-2008 at 4:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Will be mostly concentrating on spraying twelve doors for a cabinet project that is ongoing. Waiting on a trio of identical dovetail bits that I ordered from Lee Valley to do the drawers for the cabinetry. I tried to use the existing 14 degree bit in my Leigh jig, but it has lived its life and deserves to be put to rest. Maybe I'll try to sharpen it for back up use in the future. Might possibly get around to dovetailing the drawers if time allows. I am starting a new racing oriented blog for a newspaper that I wrote for for around ten or a dozen years and I will probably get a jump on my first post to that also. Lastly, I have to get out into the bar room soon to ready it for the upcoming NASCAR racing season and the weekly "visit" by the racing buddies.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

More work on my current shop update. 1.5 months in at this point, hope to be warpped up in the next few weeks (but I said that a few weeks ago as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Just View Post
    I noticed in one of the pictures in your BLOG some nice looking logs? It's the picture where you guys are unloading a truck. It that walnut? Looks like nice stuff!
    Yellow Poplar. It will be getting milled once the parade of contractors gets reduced down. The septic folks had to take down two more 70' trees when they did the update of the field up on the hill and unfortunately put the logs in a place that all but makes it impossible for me to bring in the sawyer until after the majority of the other work is done. No matter, I still have to clear out some old, unusable stock before being ready to sticker this new material.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

A pleasant and mild 23 deg celsius on the south coast of New South Wales Australia
    By the way what is Gound hog day?Something to herald the coming of spring?

Your on the right track mate.

Legend has it, if the ground hog comes out of his burrow on February 2nd and sees his shadow there will be 6 more weeks of winter. If he doesn't see his shadow an early spring is in store. Up here in the "Frozen Tundra" of Wisconsin, I'm looking forward to an early spring.

One odd note about this whole ritual is the fact that the Vernal Eqinox is on March 20th this year. That marks the first day of Spring, which is 7 weeks from when the ground hog may or may not see his shadow.

By the way, the most famous of the forcasting ground hogs is Punxatauny Phil. He hails from Pennsylvania.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Going to try and stay warm here. Its been -30 to -40 below for the past week and with the wind chill who knows. Am going to try and get my saw till just about finished this weekend. The doors are next on the list.

Have a great weekend... and lots of shop time..

Blog Entries
    I'll be working on the Humidor again. I need to finish soon. I have an art show to go to at the end of the month.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I'll be working on my Morris chair Saturday. Sunday I'll be watching the Patriots give the dreaded Giants a good old fashioned whooping!!!

Go Pats

Gary

I'ts going to be warm here in Carolina so I'm going to spend some time installing sheet rock in the garage on Saurday, I haven't decided what type of material that I'm going to install in the shop, you Creekers have given me Ideas. Thanks

I'm planning to go get supplies in the am and start working on the SCMS mobile cart. I think I have the major plans worked out on paper. Hopefully they'll transfer to wood and wood by products properly.
    Yeah, I'll probably watch the game Sunday. I usually root for the underdog, but being that would be rooting for the Giants, I think I'll change that this year. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I'll be tuning up my new CNC plasma cutting table. I know it ain't wood related, but it is a new toy.

Today I'm having my monitor screen cleaned, http://www.garyrip.com/screenclean.swf

Then working on a small cabinet.

Dale
    DJO Furniture Maker / Timberwerks Studio

Saturday........work on getting the DC pipe hung

Sunday.....more pipe hanging and then some friends are coming over to watch the Giants derail the Patriots.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Saturday: i am working on a new mobile base for my table saw that will support my router able cabinet.

Sun: Moving my mother in law and sister in law to a new home. Hope I get done early so I can get back in the shop to work.