Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which pinner to buy?

Grex, I have two of them and love them.
    -=Jason=-

the senco really sucked it always jammed and had problems. the Bostitch worked well till the psi was over 90 and I killed the seals.
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Quote Originally Posted by jason lambert View Post
    Grex, I have two of them and love them.
    I have a Grex and so far...so good. Also, in defense of magazine testing, I think they give alot of important information about the products, and am glad that they do what they do. Having said that....I also like to listen to real people who put the product through it's paces, both in the home shop and "out in the field".
    Gary

Based on the circumstances I ran into with a project this weekend, I pulled the trigger on a Grex 635 about a minute ago. I really need the longer pin capacity than I have with my current Accuset and 18 gage brads are just too visible.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I will go grex...hope it goes on sale soon!@! Thanks for all your valuable input!!

The max is a great pinner-it is identical to either the cadex or the grex, don't remember which.

I had a bostitch, and was not impressed with it at all. Lacking in the power department.

Was just checking out the cadex and the grex, they both look quite similar.

Good luck!

Dustin

Blog Entries
    I have a Paslode that has worked well for me for 15 years

You better get what you pay for!

OK, I have the Grex 2" I have had excellent results. Pins are just where they should be, slightly recessed and yes be careful with that trigger! High marks generally. I don't really use the 2" capacity much, but it is nice to have available. I must say though that this tool better be near perfect since it costs almost twice the price of the PC. I know, only cry once... I have never used the Nikle pinner, but I doubt it could be much better. Just providing all the facts.
    Bill J

Pardon my ignorance,but what is a pinner, is it a bradder,or something smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Nelson View Post
    Pardon my ignorance,but what is a pinner, is it a bradder,or something smaller?
    A pin nailer uses headless wire fasteners; typically 23 gage. (Brads are typically 18 or 16 gage and MUCH thicker in that respect) The reasoning is that the hole is so small, that they "disappear" merely with normal finishing. Pinners have become increasingly popular for many of the tasks were you want to use a mechanical fastener while glue dries without them sticking out and being visible.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I feel it may be a good idea to mention to those that are unfamilier with a pinner, about the added danger of not being able to find the fastener, should it go where it wasn't intended, such as in a finger. I've heard "stories", tales or whatever about losing a pin in a finger, and it travelling inside the bloodstream. Regardless of the authenticity of that claim I heard, it does seem like it might be difficult to find should that happen. Having shot myself with a crown staple before, and known numorous other self-shot victims, I know the likelyhood and figured it would be worth mentioning... -Greg

Nothing an X-Ray can't clear up!

I sometimes use 5/8" 18 gauge brads to attach templates to pieces I am flush trimming, when the pieces are for outside or otherwise not fine use. The templates are easy to pull off and I remove the brads after I'm done.

Would I be able to do this with a pinner and be left with a smaller hole?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I bought the Air Locker P630 from Toolsmart (I think) for $60 and I am happy with it. Othere people are happy with one of the HF ones.
    Ditto Cary.
    Air Locker here too.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

sucked?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve knight View Post
    the senco really sucked it always jammed and had problems. the Bostitch worked well till the psi was over 90 and I killed the seals.
    Senco Sucked. I've owned all the sencos at one time or another and none of them has ever sucked. I'm not doubting your opinion but that hasn't been my experience at all.

My senco has never failed once. No jams, misfires, etc... It's one of my favorites. Almost don't need the brad nailer anymore.
    Yes Dear, I could build that for you if I only had that new ...