Thread: Workbench Article from Woodwrkrs Jrnl

Workbench Article from Woodwrkrs Jrnl

I am starting designing a workbench for my shop. I have all the usual resources - articles, Landis, Schleining, FWW, AWW, etc. I cant locate a copy of the Klausz/Walentine article from Woodworkers Jrnl of Sept/Oct 2004. The back issue is sold out and I have so far not had any luck finding it on e**y.

Would some kind soul that has an extra copy of that issues sell it to me or alternatively send me a copy of the article? I will of course pay for the magazine and for your trouble. A scanned copy may be sent to the email address below.

Thanks
    Prabha
    prabha DOT gopinath AT honeywell DOT com

Check out the blogs on popularwoodworking.com and the woodworking magazine blog you can get to from there. Lots of info there, plus I'd recommend Chris Schwartz's book.
    Jay St. Peter

I agree with Jay, check out Chris Schwarz's book: Workbench: from Design & Theory to Construction & Use. It will probably change your mind on the design of your work bench.

You can also hear the interview I did with Chris just a couple of weeks ago on my website. Chris talks about his book and his philosophy on design. If your interested you can listen to it here:

http://www.woodworkersresource.com/b...opher-schwarz/

Craig

Nice job on the interview.
    Jay St. Peter

Craig - Bad link. Can you repost?

Chuck

Thanks for the reponses

Thanks all for the book suggestion - I have ordered it. Thanks also for the folks that offered to send a copy of the WWJrnl article. I have been tracking the other threads re: Workbench materials and am seeing many of my pending questions answered.

Regards
    Prabha

I definitely second the recommendation for Chris Schwartz' book. You won't regret getting it. It's the only one that really goes into why certain features are important and helps you evaluate your needs for yourself.

I have Landis', Schleining's, and Allen's workbench books, plus reading most of the magazines in the last ten years. They are full of good ideas and pictures, but after reading Schwartz' excellent book, I've had to re-evaluate the approach and features of many of the more popular designs.

--Wayne

Jay, thanks for the comment on the interview, it was fun to do (I'm normally a very quiet person, unless I'm talking woodworking!)

Charles, I'm not sure why the link isn't working right now, it's correct, just not working. I've been having some issues (especially on the weekends??) with my host lately. Try back later on today.

-Craig