I have a Grizzly 1023S table saw with the 52” rails. I built my router table/cabinet into the extension wing. The fence for the router table is clamped to the table saw shop fox fence for ease of adjustment, etc. during routing operations. I like both its functionality and ease of use. Incidentally, I incorporated dust collection on the router table/fence, and it performs very well.

Problem: I would like to add an overarm guard/dust collector to my table saw, but the router table/fence has introduced a problem. No matter where I put the overarm assembly it will be in the way of the router table fence and/or table saw operations.
(I had originally hoped to attach the overarm blade guard bracket to the angle iron that runs along the back of the saw which holds the extension wing. My plan was to attach a strip of T-Track to both the angle iron rail and to the back of the router table cabinet (for extra strength and support) and make the overarm blade guard bracket attach via these T-track strips. By doing so, I would then be able to slide the overarm blade guard bracket in either direction to a location where it would clear the router table fence or be out of the way for table saw operations. The location of where the overarm blade guard would normally reside would likely be just behind the router table fence.. If I needed to rip a large panel, etc. where the overarm would be in the way, I would simply have to remove it for such cuts, but the T-Track mounting would make that easy to do.)

Here are a few things to complicate potential solutions:
1) Attaching the overarm blade guard/dust collector to the ceiling is not an option because (a) my table saw is most often underneath the overhead garage door (when its in the open position) and, (b) my table saw/router table is on wheels and needs to remain mobile due to limited shop space.
2) The router table fence extends beyond the edge of the router table and thus prevents me from attaching the overarm blade guard bracket to the back of the saw without it creating an obstruction for the over-hanging fence.
3) Having a separate router table is not an option for me. I intentionally moved my router table to the extension wing to conserve floor space. (I also knew at the time that the overarm blade guard would be a problem to solve.)

So, since I’ve yet to come up with a completely satisfactory way of attaching the overarm blade guard, I’m seeking the expert advice of fellow ‘Creekers. Has anybody faced the same or similar problem and come up with an acceptable solution? Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike