Thread: Great resource - Delta's Website

Great resource - Delta's Website

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to pass this along to all of you here.

If you have a Delta power tool (recent ones, not antiques), and need a manual or parts list, you can go to their website (www.Deltawoodworking.com) and download it in PDF format.

I needed the directions for a Delta Universal Mobile Base (Model# 50-345) and was able to find them in 15 seconds on Delta's Website.

About the directions for the mobile base, funny story there. I needed to make new rails so that it would fit under the new enclosed base for my 14" bandsaw. Long story short, I cut all (4) rails TWICE! Each time WRONG! It looked right on paper! (I guess it's a bad thing to work when you're having the mother-of-all BAD allergy days. It feels like my head weighs 40 lbs.)

I believe that the only qualification in order to download the manuals is that you need to register. (Thats no big deal. I love getting tool catalogs in the mail.)

I believe Jet is trying something similar with their website. I think this is great. Loosing the manual is always a PITA. But having it in electronic format is great. Especially if you're at work, left the manual home, and need to order spare parts.

See ya around,
    Dominic Greco

yeah, and they even carry some of the old Rockwell manuals too. (same company, differant years )

Like I just told someone else recently, I think Delta has some of the best manuals out there and then, to make them available electronically is super! Oh, and if it's any consolation, I'm always cutting a board twice or even three times and the thing still ends up too short!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John, as a somewhat loyal follower of Delta, I read the manuals. Yes, FIRST. I don't remember that exact situation being covered. Maybe try this. Fourth time's the charm?

David

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Like I just told someone else recently, I think Delta has some of the best manuals out there and then, to make them available electronically is super! Oh, and if it's any consolation, I'm always cutting a board twice or even three times and the thing still ends up too short!

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    I don't remember that exact situation being covered. Maybe try this. Fourth time's the charm?

David
    You're right! It's not in *any* of their manuals and wouldn't you know it: I lost the manual to my board stretcher! Sheeeesh...Just can't get a break, 'ya know?!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

OK John. Was this a Delta broad stretcher? (Don't let LOML see that or she might become SWMBO) I found one. Not the manual, a real stretcher! The interesting part is getting grain to match and alignment perfect. Epoxy soaks into end grain almost as well as it glue side grain. It only takes a couple of hours longer to replace the part removed than it does to remove it! Well, don't count the 24 hours set up time. I've done it, believe it or n... of course you would believe it of me.

David

You're right! It's not in *any* of their manuals and wouldn't you know it: I lost the manual to my broad (changed to suit my mischief) stretcher! Sheeeesh...Just can't get a break, 'ya know?!

David, I shore am glad you put in the part of modifying MY post to suit YOUR post! LOML probably would take a board and whack me with HER outstretched arm!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Yeah, mine is still trying to decide what to do with this/me. ...sigh... Sometimes you just can't win, huh? I was just quoting your quote, right?
    Sometimes these sweet little LOML's can sure carry a big stick. And we usually furnish them. Something seems unfair about this. At least I am working with yucky cedar right now. The 4x4s are lighter and softer. But where did I put that last 3' one? I better shut up 'fore I get shutup.

David

David, I shore am glad you put in the part of modifying MY post to suit YOUR post! LOML probably would take a board and whack me with HER outstretched arm!

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    But where did I put that last 3' one? I better shut up 'fore I get shutup.

David
    Hey, Dave, thanks for the "heads up". If we don't hear from you for a week or two, we'll know what happened! (Thump!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas