Thread: ODD Chinese laser problem

ODD Chinese laser problem

I'll be receiving an 80W 6090 pretty soon, but found the tiny little 40W laser Dee was selling pretty much NIB for $750 and couldn't resist picking it up. I'll probably give it to my girlfriend once the big unit arrives.

Setup was fairly trouble free. I can engrave simple stuff OK, but when I try and run a larger file the strangest thing happens. Right in the middle of the file the head just shoots off in a straight line with the laser still on. Sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes sideways. Funny thing is it only does it if the laser is firing. If I leave the door open so the laser doesnt fire, the head still runs the job but without any problems.

Model is an Artsign JSM40 running Newly Draw software. Problem happens in both imported files and files generated in Newly Draw.

Any ideas??

What size table?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fuller View Post
    I'll be receiving an 80W 6090 pretty soon, but found the tiny little 40W laser Dee was selling pretty much NIB for $750 and couldn't resist picking it up. I'll probably give it to my girlfriend once the big unit arrives.

Setup was fairly trouble free. I can engrave simple stuff OK, but when I try and run a larger file the strangest thing happens. Right in the middle of the file the head just shoots off in a straight line with the laser still on. Sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes sideways. Funny thing is it only does it if the laser is firing. If I leave the door open so the laser doesnt fire, the head still runs the job but without any problems.

Model is an Artsign JSM40 running Newly Draw software. Problem happens in both imported files and files generated in Newly Draw.

Any ideas??
    you need to keep the file at least 1/2 inch smaller than the width of the table. i have had this problem as well. doing this will help but not eliminate most problems of this nature but sometimes it will still do random things for no apparent reason. and with the length i need to be 3" short of the end of the table. hope this helps

jim j.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Thanks james. Happens on files printed anywhere on the table, even those smack in the middle.

please send

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fuller View Post
    Thanks james. Happens on files printed anywhere on the table, even those smack in the middle.
    please send me a file you have had problems with, so I can run it.
    Dose it happen when you vector or when you raster something?
    or both?

You may have a bad motion card.
    but send me the file so i can run it.
    jim j.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Well, fixed it. The little power meter on the front of the box was not working when I received the machine. I didn't really care because what am I gonna do, sit there watching it? As long as the laser fires I don't really need to know how many whatevers it's using.

Anyway, I was pokin around in the electronics bay and noticed the ground wire for the meter had shorted/burnt out and was dangling free. I soldered on a new attachment and screwed it back in. Also reseated anything that was reseatable and used a bristle brush on the back of the PCI driver board where the ribbon going to the stepper motors was soldered in...kinda messy. Finally, I deleted all the print drivers except the microsoft document one.

One of those things worked cause it's humming along like a champ now! Thanks for your offer to help James!