Thread: Trade Show

Trade Show

Anyone going to the Wood working show in St Louis this weekend? I was just curious what to expect, and if it would be worth the trip.

wood show

Hello, did go to the show in KC, no big dollar deals but interesting being able to see tools and jigs. Craft supplies had some turning supplies and a pen making hands on demo. You turn the pen and take it home, look for the big guy with a smile, he will be of great help, but be careful, that turning stuff can get under you skin and you just can't get rid of it. That big guy is a member of all 3 of our local woodturning clubs in the Kansas city area.

Glen,

I went today and had a good time. I got there early and actually found a parking spot the first time through the lot. I found a few deals on some small things that I needed. I really enjoy just looking at a lot of the stuff which you hear about. The large equipment was pretty well represented. Festool had two vendors. Fein was there-disappointed that they didn't have any specials at all. Also, I went to Rockler before I went to the show. They had some in-store specials, since they didn't participate at the show this year. Hope you have a good time!

Jim

I went as well on Friday. Lee Valley was doing free shipping and no tax. Ordered out the 36" steel straight edge, a Japanese bevel gauge, and the 6" Starrett. I forgot the LV feeler gauges though - GRRR. Also picked up another Gripper and some new pieces for my existing one (I am a fan of the Gripper), a set of the $7 Peachtree aux fence clamps, and a Gorilla Grip for my plywood stack. Also checked out the 18" Steel City Drill Press and ABOUT pulled the trigger. Had to walk away about 3 times.

Forrest was high on their blades - guess I will wait for Amazon.

Laguna was their and they had a 16HD on display. I drolled on it.