Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go 88

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Had I not saw the article on the front page of USA-Today about said #88, I wouldn't have had a clue what this thread was about! LOL
    Jim, you live such a sheltered life...

Greg, have a blast at Daytona, I’d love to see that race someday.
    I agree that the collaboration between RCR & DEI engine shops played into the failures but it did seem like Jr’s ride became the unofficial developmental guinea pig.
    My comments about stepmom were mostly tongue in cheek.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Hey Bruce,
    I'll be sure to have a BLAST. Hooking up with some old friends to go with & haven't seen them in awhile... few days of debauchery in the sun oh yeah, racings version of the Super Bowl.
    I've been to a few Nascar Races & these tix were a gift from my wife for Christmas. I've got my eye on either the Richmond night race or Bristol (yeah I can dream...) night race... actually have a small fund started for the Bristol race as those suckers are $$$.
    You can bash Theresa all you want, I've opined my thoughts to her but no need here... family forum and all.
    Guinea Pig, that mean letting valve stems out of tailpipes???
    And I'd hope Norm errr Jim would at least know JR's face...?
    I've never been a fan of the 24 or 48, but yesterday my 6 year old boy was trying to tell me "Jeff Gordon is OK now... He's JR's team-mate" etc etc.... last year the boy always called him "farty pants Gordon".

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cole View Post
    Hey Bruce,
    I've got my eye on either the Richmond night race or Bristol (yeah I can dream...) night race... actually have a small fund started for the Bristol race as those suckers are $$$.

Greg

Not so pricey anymore. Last I heard the tickets for the night race at Bristol could be had for less than $200 each. That's a far cry from the hay-day of +$400 each back before money screwed up Nascar.

And there are two night races at Richmond.

Terre,
    Not bad IMO... last time I looked into it for 4 of us with a camper, camp site, consumables (ie beer...) and race tickets etc.... it was NUTS.
    Best part of this trip is... free race tickets (although the wife paid for them ), free lodging (staying with friends) and free air travel (expense account ).
    So, the budget for consumables is substancial (even having to take the kid to see the famous Mouse and well know Orca's).

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cole View Post
    I'll let you guys all know JR's colors look when I get to Datona Beach Thursday..... arriving for the twin 150's and the "superbowl of stock car racing" on Sunday. Yes, I believe I will have a good weekend coming up .
    FYI, one of the 6 blown engines JR took 100% blame on as he was using the engine to help slow the car at Sears Point IIRC (yes, I know it's not officially Sears Point anymore, then again I simply call it Cup Racing now the phone sponsor names are umm...LAME ). The other 5 were a shame, the kid drove consistently harder that end of last year that he has to date.... and a couple of those were due to the combination of DEI & RCR motor shops. JR was using some power plants that the others weren't, not sure who's choice that was. All moot now anyway..... speedweeks are in full swing and I'm on the way!

Greg
    You gonna stop by and get me ain't ya???

Tim,
    I'll see if I can get the pilot to re-route the direct flight from KC to FLA to swiing thru Ohio on the way...

Cheers. It's my Friday for a 7 day weekend.....

Greg