Thread: Stanley 45 Plow Plane

Stanley 45 Plow Plane

Was given a family heirloom by a friend last winter. Was his grandfathers and he didn't do woodworking.

Was working on some stair balusters yesterday only to find that I had omitted one of the required grooves when I did the prep work. Rather then set up the router I choose to sharpen and use one of the reed cutters on the Stanley plane and use that. Did great and gave me good results.

Not the first time I've used a Stanley 45 so I'm use to all of the required adjustments.
    Possumpoint

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gillespie View Post
    Was given a family heirloom by a friend last winter. Was his grandfathers and he didn't do woodworking.

Was working on some stair balusters yesterday only to find that I had omitted one of the required grooves when I did the prep work. Rather then set up the router I choose to sharpen and use one of the reed cutters on the Stanley plane and use that. Did great and gave me good results.

Not the first time I've used a Stanley 45 so I'm use to all of the required adjustments.
    My first Stanley 45 was given to me by my father. He said it was his grandfathers. It was a type 6 (1895 or so). Since then I have acquired a few more so the family one was given to one of my brothers to keep with the family heirlooms.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)