Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Humble Shop(W/Pics)

My Humble Shop(W/Pics)

I really enjoy looking at pictures of other Creekers shops, and wondered why I havent shown my shop. Its in the basement of my 130 year old house, and very small, but I have everything I need. I mostly make boxes, but also make some furniture and cabinetry. I have a walkout with stone steps, so getting machines and large projects in and out isnt a problem. My favorite tool is my bandsaw. Im always jealous when I see nice large shops, but am happy when Im in mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lance, Great shop. It looks like you have all the tools to make anything you want. Thanks for sharing.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

Nice, well equiped shop Lance.

Nice shop Small but nice. I like the stone foundation and brick floor against the modern tooling, a nice mix of old industrial and new chiwanizes look

Makes me appreciate mine "that much more" , good on ya for working in your shop and posting those photos , really!

Nice Shop

Lance; Looks like you have all you need. Well we all "need" a little more but I guess we should be thankful for what we have.
    What part of Ohio do you live? We used to live in Mt Vernon.

Bob

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Very nice shop Lance. I'd be happy in there too!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice Shop Lance. Fellow cave dweller here (basement shop here too). I love seeing the spaces people carve out for themselves to pursue their work. Looks like a good setup. Has a gothic feel with the stone foundation. I would love to have a walk out basement (easy to get machines into my basement...coming out is a bit harder).

I spent 2 months parging my shop walls with a pool type coating, brightens it up a bit. Mine was very ugly old concrete, if I had nice stones like yours I would have left it alone.

You have a nice collection of tools there, and a good shop also.

Very nice shop. Looks like you have all the essentials and on wheels too!!!
    Ray Scheller

Change is inevitable except from vending machines.

10. I knew this post had to be a good one. Geez, 8 views and already 7 replies.
    Your shop looks great. Cozy. Nice Tools. Looks like a shop of someone you would like to get to know. I have a basement shop. The cinderblock (circa 1955 home) has been getting power washed, clean up, acid wash, then Drylok white. Really brightens it up in the areas that I have already done. Others are on the to do list. The jointer surface is an easy fix, even if you start out with 80 grit, or 120, on a ROS, and then follow up with finer grits, or just use Naval Jelly, and fine or medium steel wool, then wax, or WD40. It looks like an older cast iron good one, and they tend to have the nicest look with a little rubbing. There is nothing nicer than old world heft, with a well rubbed in look. It has character. Of course living in a home of your vintage age, you already know that, "Things of quality get better with age". The brick floor is incredible.
    Last edited by Bob Feeser; 02-10-2008 at 2:49 PM.
    "Fine is the artist who loves his tools as well as his work."

Lance

Nice looking shop. It looks like you have all the tools to do any project you want.

Blog Entries
    Looks like your good to go on any kind of project.

Lance, how do you like that Grizzly DC? I've thought that may be the one I should look at. Any input or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    Lance, how do you like that Grizzly DC? I've thought that may be the one I should look at. Any input or advice?
    Rick...I just got it up and running last week. So far, its been great. I only have 4" spiral hooked up, so I know that limits it, but the first time I turned it on, it sucked out all the dust in the 4" hoses that my little Delta DC(AP400) had left behind. And that was quite a bit of dust. It covered the bottom of the bag. As with all of the more expensive Grizzly machines, its a quality tool. Fit and finish is very nice, nothing cheap.

Looks pretty good to me.

As for the 3 or 4th picture with the duct work, is that asbestos wrap on the duct. If so, make sure you just leave it alone.

Chuck

PS - How do you like your Grizzly stuff?

Chuck