Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker visit invite

Creeker visit invite

As it stands now, it looks like Nancy and David Laird will be visiting Tyler and myself this coming Feb 13th for a nice meal and chat, anybody in the Mpls/St Paul area that's interested in joining us would be welcomed.

Tentatively we've planned to meet at Maggianos in the South dale mall, time is not yet decided and we are not sure if the Lairds are allergic to Italian food yet....

Tyler is busy at home and work so he left choice of restaurant up to me, I brought up White Castle and he muttered something about hanging me, so I had to upgrade a bit.

Anyway, if your close come join us.
    We should have times soon.

Al

http://www.maggianos.com/
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Thanks Al,
    Sounds Like a party.
    I'm good for 6:00
    Good choice.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Love to join you guys but Mpls. in February is not one of my favorite things, having spent 22 years up there. Let's see: Right now it's 66 here and 6 where you are - umm, I don't think so.

Have fun though.
    Regards,
    Dick

I'm with Dick.

I'd love to meet all of you, but the last time I was in Minneapolis in February, it was -20 and snowing. Given the weather you are having now, there ain't no way....

Maybe sometime in the summer....

Have fun. Anyone know at what beer freezes?

Jack

Bunch'a whoosy's, I justed checked and the high tomm is 22 degree's, beer ain't even close to freezing at that temp...I think...

O-well, maybe next time.

Al....Minn...proof gobal warming is a farce...

Al....I am jealous!

Give the Lairds and Tyler my best!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

No, the Lairds aren't allergic to Italian food, swo we are meeting Tyler and Al and Lori at Maggiano's tomorrow (Wed) night at 6. And yes, it is COLD here - current temp is about 7 degrees--I'm not a fan of cold weather, and neither is David, and we requested warmer weather for our visit, but to no avail. We are looking forward to meeting Al and Tyler---and having some laughs along with our linguini!! Report to follow, with pictures!!

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

"""""""""""
    I'm not a fan of cold weather, and neither is David, and we requested warmer weather for our visit, but to no avail.
    """""""

Ah...not so, ye of little faith, why just a couple days ago it was -16 below and we managed to get this warm spell in just for you two, gets much warmer out and we'll have fire up the A/C.

Al

Well, as much as I'd like to meet the Laird's, I'll have to pass. The food and company promise a good time. Anyone planning on the linguini with clams and white sauce?

It's always great to meet new friends, as well as getting together with old friends.

Tyler, we need to get together again before I need a passport and a weeks vacation to visit. Al, I'll leave the light on.

I certainly hope someone will snap a few pictures.

As far as snow and cold, I think we've got Minneapolis beat this year. Our weatherman showed snow totals for several cities in the midwest last night. Marquette, MI was number one with 120 inches. Madison was two with 77+ inches, which is a new record. Minneapolis came in with only 25 inches. What's up with that????

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 02-12-2008 at 5:14 PM. Reason: Add Information
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup View Post
    As far as snow and cold, I think we've got Minneapolis beat this year. Our weatherman showed snow totals for several cities in the midwest last night. Marquette, MI was number one with 120 inches. Madison was two with 77+ inches, which is a new record. Minneapolis came in with only 25 inches. What's up with that????
    Karl
    Karl...If youse guys are anything like us New Englandahs...we would say...it's too cold to snow today.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Karl...If youse guys are anything like us New Englandahs...we would say...it's too cold to snow today.
    I've tried that Glenn. Don't work. It snowed last week with the temps below zero and today it snowed some more with the temps in the low single digits.

I've never been so ready for spring. We may not get to do a lot of spring things though until sometime in June.

Karl

Little update, din din is at 5:45, tried the online reservation and it won't give me 6:00..grrrr

Karl, we're getting sporadic cold temps (below zero) here, but nowhere near the snow, in fact we're quite a bit short of our average I believe.
    Make sure your maintaining that snow blower Karl, a little grease, seafoam and TLC will make them run much better..

Al

An Italian Dinner-Plus Good Company...I'm so jealous! The cold wouldn't frighten me, I wish our schedule would permit it. Have a great time, and we would like to have a video of you all singing..."when the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie...that's Amore' "

Phyllis

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Meyer View Post
    Have a great time, and we would like to have a video of you all singing..."when the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie...that's Amore' "

Phyllis
    Yes, a video would be a wonderful idea.

Could you dub Dean Martin singing though?

Karl

Sounds like a great visit! It's a little too far for me to travel but I wish I could be there. I'm wondering when Nancy's retirement is going to allow her to head in the direction of Savannah. I've ordered in nice warm weather so we'll be ready for her. Maybe I can make the next gathering in your neck of the woods . . . just give me enough time to borrow clothes from everyone I know so I will have enough layers to stay warm.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra