Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo CD Gift From Iraq

Photo CD Gift From Iraq

We just received a CD from a group of helicopter pilots in Iraq which contains photos and a few short videos that are just awesome. These are truly eye candy, it is rare to see these kinds of pictures on the news as they were taken from the air during normal operations in Iraq.

We would like to share this CD with everyone. at this point I'm not sure how we can. The pictures are about 600k each and the videos are obviously larger. This makes it impossible to use the web to transfer so much data. Possibly someone at SMC would volunteer to make copies and distribute them to those who would like a copy.

Below are two of the pics, I have reduced the photo size for SMC. The first pic is of the whole group, I guess it is rare for them all to be together at one time based on the title of the pic. The second pic of a Chopper at Sunrise is representative of many of the pictures on the CD. There are lots of pictures of buildings and of the general countryside as well as photos of our troops and their quarters. Many of the photos would be great to print and frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

God bless America. God bless our troops.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Flag Over Bagdad

Michael,

Heres one just for you....enjoy!!!

Nice Pictures, Keith, Thanks for sharing.The CD would be nice to have.
    Earl

One More Pic

Here is a picture I extracted from one of the videos. The Helicopter is firing missiles at some kind of vehicle in the forground.

Cool pics. I made the Chopper at Sunrise my desktop background,theme or what ever the term is for it . I to would like to get a copy.
    Dave

Keith this is way cool ---thanks for taking to time to share it with us.
    If there is a way I would like to have a copy.

Thanks again
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

CD request

Keith

I would love to have a copy of the CD.

Let me check around here to see if I get get one of the business here to make copies for us at no charge.

Keith, the pics are really wonderful. Thanks for showing us. Would love to have the CD if it becomes available.

Art

Keith, thanks for the pics! They're great and, if that's a sample of the rest of the CD, it would truly be nice to have. I'll try to remember and check at work on Monday. I know they used to have CD's copied by large numbers and I'll see if I can get the skinny on it.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

copies?

This would maybe make a small fundraiser for the pff? I would pay a few $$ for a copy!
    What do you all think???

Chris Pine
    "I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop

I can copy the CD

I have the equipment and would be honored to make copies for any one who would like them. My son is in Afgan. and I have a similar one from him that I could append to it. Let me know.

13. I would like to have a copy and Chris Pine has a wonderful idea to sell them at reasonable cost to fund the FPP. I also seem to remember there was a post a while back that a new server needed funding. Maybe proceeds could also go to that cause.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Copies

I would support a fund raiser for FPP. I am still trying to find a business in the area that would donate they time in coping the CD.

Alan

I don't think we could sell the compilation, even for the FPP, as we don't own the copyrights on the pictures.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator