When I was a child my dad made me an airplane from wood. About the only thing that made this resemble a plane was that it had a fuselage, wings, rudder, propeller and tail section. Probably at this time if I still had that plane and took it on Antiques Road Show, they would classify it as American Folk Art and it would be worth a lot monetarily. As I grew older I came to the realization that this object was not a very good depiction of an airplane, in fact it was downright rudimentary. Somewhere along the line it was thrown away. I would give the Antiques Road Show price to have that airplane back. My dad made this airplane with the most rudimentary of tools. We were poor and my dad could never afford the better tools. This brings me to my point.

A week or so ago there was a post on this website that stated either buy the best, (never stated buy the best that you could afford), buy the best or don't buy anything. I took exception with that statement. I was chastised by one of the moderators concerning my response. I backed off. For some reason that post really bothered me. I cannot afford the best, I can afford moderate to good tools and equipment. Since that post I have not even felt like going into the shop. I'm hoping that this post is cathartic for me, which is why I am posting this. That reason and no other.

If the moderators want to ban me from this site, fine, do so. But, I am going to get this off of my chest. If the moderators want to pull this post that is fine also. I am going back into my shop with my less than the best and once again turn out what I hope would have made my dad proud. So let the chips fall where they may (wood chips that is).

Thank you all for your insights and help.