Thread: Has anybody been to ...

Has anybody been to ...

Just wondering has anybody here been to "The Woodworking Show". It finally coming to my neck of the woods down in Charlotte I was just wondering is it worth a three hour drive? Any good deals or giveaways? Just curious.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Triplett
    Just wondering has anybody here been to "The Woodworking Show". It finally coming to my neck of the woods down in Charlotte I was just wondering is it worth a three hour drive? Any good deals or giveaways? Just curious.

Brian
    Brian, I just recently attended my first WW Show several weeks ago. For me, I think it was worth the 2-hr. drive it took to get there. Lots of info to be had, some real good demo's and good deals, as well. Largely depends on what you're looking for, I guess. Both, my buddy and I enjoyed it and yes, we left with lighter pockets!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Brian,
    The Charlotte show this weekend is I think, the best around here. It has it's ups and downs, but overall is a decent show, once you get in. Be prepared for a long wait trying to give them your money. They have to have the worst ticket-selling plan I have ever seen. Once you get in though, it's pretty good.
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

End of the Oregon Trail in Oregon City, Oregon
    Now and then you run across a good deal on something at the WW shows. For instance, last November I got a new PC biscuit joiner for a net cost of $155. I think the usual asking price is about $210.
    Also, I just enjoy the woodworker's eye candy--tools, and supplies, etc. It's nice to see so many people interested in woodworking. I took in a few short seminars on interesting topics. I especially enjoyed Graham Blackburn's presentations.
    And, yeah, I spent a few hundred!

Brian,

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Triplett

Brian
    I've been to the last four shows in Charlotte and have enjoyed them, though I'm only about 30min. from the location. Each year I have bought and saved on certain items. My Delta 14' Bandsaw, Leigh D4 Dovetail Jig, Bosch Router and Incra 5000 sled, were all bought at Charlotte shows and at the lowest prices I have seen since. So for me it has been good. I also enjoy just seeing the demos and new stuff.
    Be Blessed!

Brian,

Yup...it's worth the drive. I drove 3 plus hours to go the show in KC. Well worth the trip.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brian
    Just take your credit cards and say charge.
    I found a good deal on Bessey UniKlamp and purchased a bunch of them in the 6 inch and 12 inch sizes, about $2 off the regular low prices that you find searching the web - Oh! what a find.
    But first check out the woodworkerschoice.com website for the items that you are interested in. They also had Viper router bits, NYW plans, allot of books and other plans.
    Other manufacturers' had demonstrations - Kreg - buy a pocket hole kit, if you don't have one. Sommerfield was there with their CMT router bits.
    So as the other fellows said, yes, GO.
    Ours was in Pittsburgh, PA about 2 years ago.
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Brian, I've driven up from Columbia, SC to the Charlotte show for the last three or four years and I've enjoyed it every year. If you've never been to one, it's well worth the trip. Lots of stuff you only see in the catalogs; and you can find some good "show special" pricing, particularly on expensive equipment. Some of the small stuff is pretty pricey though. I don't remember seeing any "give-aways" worth mentioning. The vendor list varies from year to year and some years have been better than others. But, if you've never been, even a not-so-good year would be fun. Take lots of money.

Talking

I'll see all of you there. About a 3 1/2 hour drive from here but looking forward to the show. Never been to one. Dropping LOML off at Concord Mills Outlet so we both will have a GREAT day shopping. Hope to see the Minimax and Laguna close up.

Mark