Thread: Six Pens to Afghanistan **PIC**

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Six Pens to Afghanistan **PIC**

As a result of an e-mail to Jerry Stringer from a Sgt in Afghanistan I shipped these 6 pens directly to him today for his unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 03-10-2004 at 12:51 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    As a result of an e-mail to Jerry Stringer from a Sgt in Afghanistan I shipped these 6 pens directly to him today for his unit.

Thanks, Ken . ..

You are the MAN!

Jerry

PS . . . How do you cut the corian for the center bands so that it is so thin, yet the sides are still parallel and will glue up straight?

Thanks

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Stringer
    PS . . . How do you cut the corian for the center bands so that it is so thin, yet the sides are still parallel and will glue up straight?

Thanks
    I simply resaw pieces of Corian 1/8" thick on the BS, laminate with gel CA glue, drill a 1/4" hole in the laminated 3/8" thick, 1/2" square block, mount it on the lathe between the upper and lower blanks in place of the center bushing and turn the 2 barrels and the center band at the same time. A piece of cake. You can see some in the left hand side of this photo. They are the actual center bands I used in the pens shown in the picture above.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 03-10-2004 at 4:45 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.