Thread: Help... Anyone have the Chewbarka tag template?

Help... Anyone have the Chewbarka tag template?

I know I read about it on here and I searched several different combinations... I am sure I can get it from Frank... but I was hoping to complete a demo project tonight and guess what... I suppose I could scan and retrace them, but I really don't want to... If anyone has it and can post it I would appreciate it very much.
    Brent Vander Weil
    Epilog 35W Mini
    Graphtec CE5000-60

You looking for the bones? If so, this might be it http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ight=Chewbarka
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Brent - see the attached CDR files. Should cover the ones you are looking for.

Todd
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Todd Schwartz - Des Moines, Iowa
    Universal VLS 4.60 (60W) / ShopBot Buddy / Sherline CNC Mill / MakerBot Replicator+
    CorelDraw X6 / Photograv 3 / FlashCut 4 / Aspire 9

What do folks use for template material please. Thanks. Pete

Peter, mostly whatever inexpensive material I have left laying around the shop. Most recently I have been using 1/8" masonite left over from a sign template project.

Todd
    Todd Schwartz - Des Moines, Iowa
    Universal VLS 4.60 (60W) / ShopBot Buddy / Sherline CNC Mill / MakerBot Replicator+
    CorelDraw X6 / Photograv 3 / FlashCut 4 / Aspire 9

Thank You!

Todd-

Thanks a million... Made my life a bunch easier... appreciate it!

I use thick cardboard for alot of my templates... the stuff that is solid that is.. tried corregated.. tends to catch fire unless you wet it a little LOL

Brent
    Brent Vander Weil
    Epilog 35W Mini
    Graphtec CE5000-60

We use 1/8" MDF. It is only $7.00 for a 4'x8' sheet and cuts great. We cut one sheet with all of the shapes cut out, then glue that to another sheet that is ths same size, but solid. It makes a sort of 'tray' that can be slid in and out of the laser with no problems.

Also use MDF

I also use MDF for my tag templates but I just raster out the shape of each tag by doing a solid fill within the outline. If the fit is a little too snug then I usually vector the perimeter of each tag and that usually adjusts it for a perfect fit. You don't need to raster very deep, basically just enough to hold the tag in place.

Then in Corel I remove the solid color fill leaving the outline and then put all the outlines on their own layer. I then set that layer to not print.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Pete

I got a tip from Harvey at EE to use Binder covers from Staples. They are the clear plastic covers kinda like overhead projector material. I am using it for my chewbarka dog tags.
    Cutter's Edge Engraving
    Swartz Creek, MI

ULS V-460 30W, Meistergram 1912, Dahlgren Wizzard XL, X3

Thanks to all for replying - great ideas that others will use too.