Thread: Horizontal Router Table

Horizontal Router Table

A while ago, like months ago, I asked for advice about horizontal router tables and got loads of great advice. Well, I finally got around to building it and am well pleased with the result. I decided to follow two schools of thought:

1. less is more
    2. scrap wood is good wood

So.. here it is. It's made from plywood and the router plate is a piece of phenolic I had lying around. It's all scraps. The table and fence surface are formica left over from my router table top. The whole thing clamps to my router table which lets me use that on/off switch to run this one. I had an old Ryobi plunge router that I hated using lying in a cabinet and have now dedicated it to this table. I don't like miter slots in router tables so decided to instead build a sled for helping to push the wood through the bit. Again, all from scraps.. that's why you see some extra screw holes here and there.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on this project.

Now.. on to sliding dovetails and some hanging shaker shelves!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good. I'm going to be doing the same thing sooner or later. I would love to throw the dreaded Craftsman router I have laying around in mine, but one of my uses will be milling baseboard and the bit I have is 1/2 shank while my old Craftsman only handles 1/4".
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Lady Di.
    Very nice. I'm a big time recycling fan.
    Now Zoom out just a little bit we can see more shop.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Router Table

Very nice Diane. Simple, smooth and a delight to use I'll bet.

Shop Tour

Hey Tyler! Thanks. Here's a link to my shop photos. It's a few years old and some things have changed. Grizzly lathe was replaced with a Nova, some things have been moved, and it's not that neat ever. But that's the general idea.

Shop tour

Diane