Thread: RWB pens for Jerry

RWB pens for Jerry

Jerry here are a couple diffrent shots if these arnt what you want just say so and i will do some more tomorrow. Bud
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bud Duffy Punkinhook Ranch

Thumbs up

Bid you Da Man!!!!! How you do dat?? They are real purty!!
    I thought you were new at this???
    THanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Duffy
    Jerry here are a couple diffrent shots if these arnt what you want just say so and i will do some more tomorrow. Bud

Julie i am new to this the only lathe i ever ran was in metal shop in high school ,that was in the 70s. I just decided i wanted to try my hand at turning so after christmas this year i went out and bought myself a new lathe and some kits and jumped in with both feets, and am learning as i go. Bud

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Thumbs up

Hoo Yah!!! That is all American.
    Thanks Bud Fine Job for a great cause.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Duffy
    Jerry here are a couple different shots if these aren't what you want just say so and i will do some more tomorrow. Bud
    I REALLY like those pens!

For a poster shot, though, I'm gonna be real picky!

Of the 3 pens together, I like the middle one the best.

Can we get a shot that is

1. More perpendicular to the side of the pen

2. Out of the direct sunlight (just holding a piece of cardboard - maybe 8 x 10 inches or so - to knock the direct sun off the pen but still let the light around it would be great)

3. The clip to the side to show off the pen body

4. As in focus as you can get it.

5. Maybe a contrasting background - the color doesn't matter because I'll take the background out but if it is a very distinct color that is not similar to a color in the pen (i.e. orange, green, etc) it will make the photo editing of pulling the pen out of the background MUCH easier.

Hey! I can bark orders pretty good. I guess it's from listening to my wife all the time!!!

Thanks, Buddy! (Did I say that I REALLY like those pens?)

Thanks a ton!

Jerry

PS, Oh yea . . . tell me that your post is sitting ON the concrete and not imbedded IN the concrete. If it's IN the concrete that's the BEST job of pouring concrete I've EVER seen!!
    Last edited by Jerry Stringer; 03-12-2004 at 12:40 AM.

Bud, those pens look great. I've made exactly one Corian pen and it was a plain vanilla Slimline. What do you use to glue the materials together.

Thanks, Harry

Harry i usually use the thick gap filling CA glue if the pieces are the same dimension , but if i happen to have to use pieces of diffrent sizes i use Hot Stuff CA so that they set together faster for the right alignment however you have to be pretty quick and a little wax paper between you fingers and the pieces is a real good idea DAMHIKT. The wax paper tends to melt a little with the hotstuff but you are going to turn the blank anyway so it realy dosnt matter if it sticks to the blank as long as your fingers dont! Then just drill and insert tubes like regular Bud