I've received two requests this week for plans of items on my web site. I think both were wanting them for free, but it got me to thinking about offering plans for sale to those who might request them.

My question here has to do with what would YOU consider a good value in terms of how much you paid and what you got in a purchased plan off the internet.

For conversation purposes, I created a plan this evening and have attached them in web viewable PDF format. They are for a laundry chute cover that I made a few years ago.

For plans such as these, would you consider them complete enough based on your experience reading and/or building from plans? Do I need more text akin to the woodworking magazine articles? Should there be a cutlist or material specifications? Are the drawings themselves adequate?

I knowingly left a few specs off the plans, as (I think) they can be infered. How did I do?

I really appreciate any input you have to offer. I have thick skin. And, if you happen to need a laundry chute, or a potato bin (you'll have to add a bottom!), then consider this my gift to you!

It's too big to attach (183K), so here is the link:

Laundry Chute Plans

Thanks, Todd