Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Question Weekend doin's?

Good Friday morning all,

I've been going so fast I about blew right by this morning. This will be a good weekend for me even though it won't involve woodworking. We are leaving this afternoon for a cabin on an Arkansas mountaintop. No phones!!!!!

What's in your plans for the weekend? Any sawdust?

Please be sure to keep Jeff Hamilton's daughter in your prayers this weekend?

Have a great weekend all!

Bob

I plan on finishing up the last of the pens I have to make for the FPP and that should do me for the weekend.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Talking

Wel, I get to make the table for my new Delta 17-968 drill press. After that, I'm starting on an important project: a kneeling bench for my wedding in April. Oh, and since the weather is pristine, I'll get some road miles in on my bicycle too.

Maurice
    Maurice

Headin' to the "Tool Crib of the North" in Duluth to pick up: Porter Cable plate jointer, Porter Cable 7116 dovetail jig, Porter Cable 552 pocket screw machine, Delta 965 drill press, Milwaukee 6010-6 pad sander, Bosch 3727 DVS finish sander, some Bessey K clamps, a set of Forstner Bits, Freud dado head, and possibly a power feeder. That will just about take care of what I have left in my Shop Loan Stash. Any comments on any of the above tools will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. By making a package deal & shopping around I'm saving $420. Thats my drill press paid for.
    Last edited by Mark Bachler; 03-12-2004 at 9:19 AM.
    I used to just take it from day to day, and now I just take it till noon.

Busy one for me

I'll be in the shop working on a new batch of marking knives and some other tools which are partially done. I also have to drop SWMBO off at her sister's tomorrow for the limo ride with other family members to the airport. I'm going to be a bachelor next week while she and her siblings go to Ft Lauderdale for the week to vist other family, golf, sun themselves and vacation. I will take a few days off while she's gone to do some painting and other house upgrades to surprise her when she comes back.

Sunday will be gathering project supplies for the week and more shop time to prepare for my tool making presentation at the April guild meeting. I'm in the process of cleaning up, sharpening, and prepping 31 more marking knife blades which already have rough ground bevels and have been heat treated. No rest for the wicked.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Mill up some rough Oak, cut, stain and clear them for my daughter's room. (No big deal...Just slats for a wall grid LOML dreamed up.) Try and chuck up another Black Locust blank for a bowl. Buddy coming over Sunday to work on his old solid-body bass guitar. Dig up some more material for pen blanks. Have a great weekend all and be safe!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

No WWing but lots of fun anyway

Taking the family on a week long vacation to SoCal. Seeing my parents, Sea World, Disneyland, Beach, Hollywood, and hopefully a round of golf. My 4 year old is totally stoked (daddy is excited for him too ). He has been counting down the days.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

my weekend project trying to get more dont on the basement , getting my camaro started up ,getting my quad running, checking an oak log, that has been down for more years than i can count, to see if it is useable to make some bowl blanks out of

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lasley
    Good Friday morning all,

I've been going so fast I about blew right by this morning. This will be a good weekend for me even though it won't involve woodworking. We are leaving this afternoon for a cabin on an Arkansas mountaintop. No phones!!!!!

Bob
    I guess I'm gonna hafta write you a Speeding Ticket..!!!!!!....IF that will slow you down some. Really though....just glad to see ya back here on the Creek.

I will be working on the Adirondack Chairs this weekend and Glenn and I completed the chair that we call "the midget chair" since we had to size one down just for his wife. Hopefully, this weekend, I can get the "normal" sized chairs started on the assembly process.

Be safe this weekend and keep all your fingers.!!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Norfolk Turn-A-Thon. Gonna stand there all day and make Freedon Pens. Then I'm gonna treat myself to a nice glass of Amarone and sit by the fire with my sweetie. All you Tidewater Creekers come on out and make some pens!! You'll have to find your own fire, wine and sweetie!!
    Ted

See you there Ted, I am bringing my credit mng. son , she is having a little problem getting him excited about anything, thought this might help. I have never turned a pen yet. Ordered my lathe to be picked up at Norfolk tommorow. May need some advise on other things needed

see ya.
    Brock

Finish framing the DC room and installing sound board/insulation/drywall. I will post pictures later.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Turnin and burnin in the kitchen. I have to entertain the family for Easter. Also a deadline at work is going to drag me into the office.
    A little shop time is locked in for tonight.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Bob, I think I'll just come lookin' for you! What's that cell phone number again?

Sure glad to find out that you didn't kick off or anything drastic like that. We miss you Dude!

Have you heard anything about Jeff's daughter yet? Been praying a lot for her and the family.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lasley
    Good Friday morning all,

Have a great weekend all!

Bob

Drove tp Prescott, AZ on Thursday (LONG day driving) and went to the house on Friday to meet the builder. Measured up the shop and talked about where the Oneida is gonna go. Cant wait till he breaks ground........I get a shop and the wife gets HER 2 car garage for MY stuff......she dont know that yet...

anyhoo, LONG drive back to CA on Sunday. While I was outta town, my buddy came by and turned some pens. Hopefully, the shop is still standing Sunday night. hehehe

stay safe