Thread: Looking for a great miter sled/gauge?

Looking for a great miter sled/gauge?

Lots of talk lately about miter gauges and sleds, just thought I'd put my .02 in:
    I recommend buying the Dubby from Inline Industries. It's a mom and pop operation out of Webster Ma. If you've been to a woodworking show anywhere in the northeast, you've seen this guy, Jerry Cole, give a very impressive demonstration of the dubby. I bought mine in 1991 and not only do I use it every week, but I have not had to recalibrate it even once since initial setup. And it is 100% accurate. By contrast, I have the Excalibur sliding table on my unisaw for larger panels and it seems to go out of square every few years.
    When I first bought the dubby, I had a Sears Craftsmen contractor saw. Jerry also sold me on the "performance package", the "a-line-it deluxe" kit, and the "PALS", which are very clever micro adjustment allen screws that bolt on to the trunnions making blade alignment a snap and highly accurate to the .001 of an inch. When I got done tuning up my saw, I could turn it on with a dime balanced on edge, on table top. Can't say enough about these products.

Looks good, from what I can see. I don't see an option for the Ridgid TS2400LS yet.

I'm thinking of upgrading my miter gauge in the next year or so, and I'm leaning toward the Kreg or one of the Incra offerings. I like the extruded alumimum fence that I would not have to worry about whether it is straight or not. (due to humidity, etc.)

Just made a similar coping sled for my shaper for an upcoming latice project. I used a piece of phenolic bought from woodcraft, a few knobs, some hex and t-bolts. I added a replaceable sacrificial fence to control blowout. Cost me about $35 to make, sets up quick with angle blocks. Not nearly as big as that one but same basic concept.

Jeremy, He should be able to fit your Ridgid. As a matter of fact, I had to send back miter bar to get a slightly slimmer bar. He paid shipping both ways. Look on the inline website at his show times. Apparently, he travels across most of the country, not jsut the northeast as I suggested. He always has good show-specials.
    PS I've noticed Rockler is now "knocking off" the Dubby. (Boo!)

Thumbs up

I have had my Dubby for a number of years and you can not beat the perfromaance of this sled for the money.