Thread: Casket Plaques

Casket Plaques

I have a potential client that has enquired about a need for engraved casket plaques. I want to be prepared when we meet, but honesty I have no clue what a casket plaque even looks like. Size, shape, metal I’m assuming?
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

If your potential client is a Funeral Director, I could take a pretty good guess.

He probably wants something that can be personalized and placed on the inside upper half of the casket lid. Often casket companies provide various motifs, pictures, images, and crosses for the inside lid.

The plaque probably wouldn't be much larger than a 5 x 7 plaque, oval, would be nice.

Joe

ps I am in the flower business so I see lots of caskets.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

I make casket plates for the funeral industry. They are 2" x 8" and are mostly made of plastic the color to match the hardware of the casket. They have the decesed name on the plate.

Cindy

Tim ....

I recently received the same call from a funeral director and after meeting with him he decided that he wanted a 6" x 8" black marble plaque. In my case I'm not sure he had a clear idea of what he wanted when he called me, however, the 6" x 8" marble plaque is what he ended up wanting after looking at a sample I took with me. I'm not sure how he displays them at the calling, but he "gives" them to the family after the calling.

So far I have been lucky and the bitmap photo for the funeral home's website has worked well for the photograve image on the plaque.

We also talked about urns and memorial candles and I may get something there as well. One interesting item was a simple plaque (Rowmark, etc.) for the base level plastic urn. Not alot of $$$, but every little bit ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Greg Vaughn [Epilog Helix 45W] - CorelDrawX3 - Photograv 2.11