Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norm's Miter Gauge?

Rob Will Guest

Norm's Miter Gauge?

I just watched Norm build the Cherry "Butterfly Table" on NYW. I noticed he had a nice looking miter gauge on the table saw. I need a really nice heavy miter gauge for my PM 74A.

What brand of miter gauge does Norm have?

What other brands and features do you like?

Thanks,
    Rob

Osbourne EB-3, I believe...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yep, its the Osborne eb3, but Delta also makes the same miter gauge with a clamp to hold pieces down.

its a nice miter gauge I have it and like it. The only thing I am not wild about is that the black grip (sandpaper) loses it sand and you can scratch your table saw's table. Not a big deal, but it is a bit annoying. ONe way to eliminate that problem is to forego using the black grip paper.

Joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Rob Will Guest
    Well that was easy. I asked you guys, got an answer, went to Osborne's web site..........and UPS is bringing it to my house, all within a few minutes. Never took my feet off of the desk.

Thanks men,

Rob
    Last edited by Rob Will; 02-23-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Will View Post
    Well that was easy. I asked you guys, got an answer, went to Osborne's web site..........and UPS is bringing it to my house, all within a few minutes. Never took my feet off of the desk.

Thanks men,

Rob
    Great, you will love it..... I have had mine for a year and still like it a lot it is a great miter gauge.

I would do 2 things when you get it.

1. Take the stop and unbolt it and put it on the other side of the block that goes in the slide. As it comes there is some flex to it and if you put it on the other side of the block it helps a lot.

2. As Joe stated the grit will come off the paper and can scratch the saw. What I did was to take my crepe stick for cleaning sanding belts and rubbed it down really good and that took care of that.

In case anyone is interested, Osborne has it on sale now for $110.

http://www.osbornemfg.com/

I've seen him using an Osborne for quite a while. But did he use a Dubby for a brief period? I seem to recall one TV woodworker using one but dont recall who. Just curious.
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Anderson View Post
    Even better!

There is a site out there that identifies every tool he uses in what episodes. Its kinda funny, but when looking at it really tells you something about certain products. I thought I book marked it, I'll edit when I find it. Maybe someone will reply with the link.

*Edit
    I found it, http://www.normstools.com/
    This guy has really put a ton of time into this site.
    Last edited by Brent Harding; 02-24-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Found Website
    *Woodworker in training*

We need a 5 day waiting period.

I promised myself I wasn't going to spend any money on toys for a while. Oh well, I've been wanting a better miter gage for a while. $108.61 with shipping.

Anyhow...thanks for the heads-up Larry,
    -Jeff
    Last edited by Jeffrey Makiel; 02-24-2008 at 2:47 PM.

Is the Osborn miter going out?

I have looked at a couple of the locations that Osborn lists and they don't have it any more.

The $99 price said limited supplies. Sounds like folks are not going to carry this any more?

I hope I am wrong!

Anyone know what is going on?
    Trotec Speedy 300 45W
    Universal VLS4.60 50W
    Universal M-300 50w
    ShopBot PRSAlpha48
    Techno LC4848
    Oneway 2436

I was trying to curtail spending any more wood working money...oh well; I had to pull the trigger on this one. Thanks...no, I really mean that!!... for the info!!

On the most recent show I watched, he was using a Kreg miter gauge. On some older shows he was using an Osborne.

www.kregtool.com/products/pms/index.php
    Howie.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    Great, you will love it..... I have had mine for a year and still like it a lot it is a great miter gauge.

I would do 2 things when you get it.

1. Take the stop and unbolt it and put it on the other side of the block that goes in the slide. As it comes there is some flex to it and if you put it on the other side of the block it helps a lot.
    Bill»»Could you elaborate this a bit? I can't figure out what you're saying.
    TIA