Thread: A sad Day for DM Woodworkers

A sad Day for DM Woodworkers

I got to jet out of the office a few minutes early today so I thought I'd head over to Woodcraft to see the guys, and do a bit of shoppin'. My heart fell to the floor when I read the sign on the door "This Woodcraft franchise store is closed". Lights off, nobody home. These were great people and I will be a bit lost without them. I hope this is only temporary, but a quick call to one of the employees let me know that it is probably permanent.

We have another woodworking store in Des Moines, but they are not nearly as friendly, and it just isn't the same.
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    "If you work hard enough and long enough to make something "idiot-proof", rest assured that someone will build a better idiot!"

Mail-order here you come!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Probably...but it just won't be the same. Their shipments of Jet and Delta and other tools have been trickling in, and they have had a hard time filling backorders. I hear many of the other stores have had the same problem. They were very supportive of the FPP and other community projects. It's hard to find that from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    Mail-order here you come!
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    "If you work hard enough and long enough to make something "idiot-proof", rest assured that someone will build a better idiot!"

um, or maybe you could pick up the franchise.....hmm, nah, that wouldn't be any fun

Blog Entries
    Hey Chris, I know just how you feel. I recently lost my very local (5 min's up the road) Woodworkers Warehouse. Those guys knew me well and were always a joy to go in and see, even if I wasn't buying anything. They were always ribbing me about my auto racing column in the local newspaper, but it was always in good fun. It was great having a close, nearby source for those items that suddenly come up and were needed. That's gone for me now.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

No problem, just give me the winning numbers to tonights Powerball Lottery (90 million) and it would be mine in a second. I seldom get a chance to be around any friendlier people than woodworkers. To do something you love and be surrounded by great people...it could get a LOT worse than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Salter
    um, or maybe you could pick up the franchise.....hmm, nah, that wouldn't be any fun
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson

Wink woodcraft

Our woodcraft in oregon are doing perty good I think.One in Portland , and one in euguene. Nice people. Mike