Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Frank's Workshop Construction Project

Thanks Jerry and Kelly. Kelly, the CN Tower is in yellow on the right door near the bottom.

Report for the period ending 11 December, 2004

Due to looking after a sick grandchild (now on the way to recovery ), I only put in about 8 hours work on the shop this week. Also, I leave tomorrow morning for three days, so it is hard to plan for next week.

In spite of the small amount of work, there were two big milestones.

(1) The electrical installation passed final inspection.

(2) The dust controller is in and working. For pictures, etc. see this week's posts in the thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=7853. But, right now, I have no machinery to utilize the system. About half the ducts have been temporarily connected in order to test things out, but will wait until machinery arrives (in January?) to complete the installation of the ducts.

Way to go on the inspection...for some that's a very sticky milestone. Sorry about the sick one...glad that's about over.

Great job Frank

Frank, this project is amazing! I've just started my own workshop. I've been researching things online and I came across this thread. There is so much useful information in here that it's going to take me a while to read it all.

Jonathan
    www.theworkshopproject.com
    =========================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Szczepanski
    Frank, this project is amazing! I've just started my own workshop. I've been researching things online and I came across this thread. There is so much useful information in here that it's going to take me a while to read it all.

Jonathan
    www.theworkshopproject.com
    =========================================
    Thankyou for the compliment Jonathan and welcome to Saw Mill Creek. Many of the folks on this forum have contributed to the success of my workshop project.

I hope that you have as much enjoyment buiding your shop as I have had building mine. Please share your progress with us and please bounce questions and ideas off us.

Frank, thank you for the welcome. I'm sure I will spend many a night picking people's brains. As far as progress goes, I'm tracking it on my own website:

http://www.theworkshopproject.com

Let me know what you think.
    Jonathan P. Szczepanski
    ========================================

Frank,

I missed your post on passing your electrical final. Woohoo! Congrats.

Jonathan,

Welcome to the Creek!

Rob

Frank what do the STARS mean by your post??

Frank, I have been following your post since this summer. The best pic is you sitting next to that wood stove. I had one of those in our all seasons room at our old house and I can tell you that it was one of the best investments that have ever made. My family spent many many hours out there on cold winter days. The kids would be out in the snow, take off the frozen and melting clothes and sit next to that stove and drink hot chocolate. I would be there just enjoying the ambiance of the fire and the kids, mine and the neighbors, complaining how cold their toes were. Good memories.

I wish you many memories around your stove. From the kid art on your door, it looks like you will have some visitors to your shop.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn
    Frank what do the STARS mean by your post??
    It means that someone has rated the thread - 1 to 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell
    It means that someone has rated the thread - 1 to 5 stars.
    It wasn't me. The stars are (dubious) feature of the underlying forum software that I am happy to see are little used on Saw Mill Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell
    Frank,

I missed your post on passing your electrical final. Woohoo! Congrats.
    Thanks Rob. You certainly deserve some of the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Szczepanski
    Frank, thank you for the welcome. I'm sure I will spend many a night picking people's brains. As far as progress goes, I'm tracking it on my own website:

http://www.theworkshopproject.com

Let me know what you think.
    Jonathan, you appear to be even better organized than I was. I really enjoyed looking at your web site and will certainly check in from time to time to see how you are doing.

One of the many things that I found interesting was this: "I am going to build the entire workshop myself except for two parts - the foundation and bringing power to the workshop. These two portions I am going to contract out." Those were the two parts of my shop that I (partly) sub-contracted out.

A lot of folks here at Saw Mill Creek will be interested in your work and they might not find the reference here buried within this thread. So, I am going to start a new thread welcoming you to Saw Mill Creek and directing folks to your web site.

Well I think someone is kicking for an invite for a beer or soft drink and a chair by the fire. I bid 5 stars.

Smile Welcome all

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn
    Well I think someone is kicking for an invite for a beer or soft drink and a chair by the fire. I bid 5 stars.
    Jim you are welcome at any time (as is anyone else who happens to be in the Toronto area).