Thread: Photo conversion help needed.

Question Photo conversion help needed.

I need to convert about 200 photos from a Microsoft office document imaging file format to a Gif file format.
    I have several photo editing software programs that do batch editing of varying degrees but none that do batch format changes unless I modify the image is some fashion and re-save the altered images as a different file format. I do not want to alter the images in any way other than the format.
    it seems to me that 10 years ago when I had mac products that this feature was standard with whatever photo program that came with the machine or I possibly picked it up as shareware.
    so my question is has anyone got a recommendation on how to do this as a batch or do I have to do this individually?
    Thanks for your help.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

James,

I use Pixresizer which will conver either single files or a whole folder. Supports bmp, gif, jpeg, png and tiff (and others I think). And of course, will change the picture size - I use it to reduce my pictures for SMC.

Use Google, its free and very, very easy to use, and fast.

HTH, Joe
    Two weeks, your project will be done in two weeks!!! (From the Money Pit)

Irfanview (free and excellent) has a batch conversion/renaming mode.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Thanks for the quick responses. Ill try them both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

The program you are referring to on the Mac is probably DeBabelizer or GraphicConverter.

If you have Corel X3, check to see if it came with a program called Rawshooter or Rawshooter Essentials. This program will convert batches of photos.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

If you have Raw Shooter or Raw Shooter Essentials, make sure you save it. They got bought out by Adobe (I think) and shut the entire project down about 1 - 1 1/2 years ago. The website might still be up, but they stopped working on it.

That all could have changed, but that was the case when I looked for it some time ago. I've always heard great things about it.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.