Thread: Norfolk, VA FPP Report

Norfolk, VA FPP Report

My Grandson, Nate (3½), and I went to the local Woodcraft store here in Norfolk today to see how the project was coming. We met Keith, Aaron and Ted Calver and others while there.

The Woodcraft store had graciously provided one of their classrooms set up w/ a drill press, bandsaw, grinder and several lathes. Keith had provided bunches of blanks and there were plenty of pen kits available for the people turning. At about 2:30 in the afternoon (nap time) there were several dozen pens complete with notes and in the tubes.

Thanks to the folks at the Woodcraft for sponsoring the event (another one to follow??) and to the people there that were turning. You are doing a good thing!

I'm sure (Keith or someone) will have a detailed after action report when they finish this evening.

Ted

Ted, OMG...I didn't recognize you there. I just happened to be looking something up and noticed your post. It was you and your grandson that were watching me set up my blanks. Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I was really into it and having a blast. Glad you could make it.