Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gloat: Help me to identify this new (to me) toy - Vintage DeWalt RAS

Mike,
    I had that same saw. It was bullet proof. I parted it out. All I have left is the original factory cabinet, which I put wheels on and use for my planer cart. Let me know if you decide you want a cabinet.

deck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Deck Reagan; 02-28-2008 at 1:20 AM.

I must've missed that one...or you grabbed it quick! If you need parts, there's another one (MBC) up in Roseville still listed cheap, though it's missing the parts I want - lower blade guard and antikickback pawls.
    And besides, it never hurts to have two.

I second the recommendation for the Mr. Sawdust book if you don't already have it.

I have the same exact saw. Original Saw replaced the bearings in the motor as well as the carriage bearings and for less than $100 It cuts like a dream.

I did pick up the Mr. Sawdust book and there is a world of info on adjusting the saw.

Congrats on the purchase.

Hah. Perhaps Ed, it was listed for a couple days though surprisingly. I missed that MBC in Roseville though (although I'm not sure I'll need it as mine is amazingly smooth).

After cleaning it up last night and with minimal bearing cleaning... it slides and moves in every direction smooth as silk AND locks TIGHT with no discernable play in any direction. Certainly will be an improvement over the DW708 I have in that regard.

Ordered the book already, should be here within the week. I'll likely disassemble the unit and do a complete tune once the book gets here though. I like to know my tools inside and out, but also not have to tune them once I get them dialed in.

Hence the purchase of this model, which by most accounts is bomb proof and retains its settings for a very long time.

Thanks for all the feedback!

mike