Thread: Family woodworking gift gloat

Family woodworking gift gloat

My great uncle is a wood worker and he heard that I was getting in to wood working so he sent me a bunch of wood working magazines. Unfortunately I don't have his gift for wood working, but at least now I have some more magazines to read and hopefully help improve my skills.

Wasn't expecting to get these so it was a pretty cool gift.

Sorry about the poor picture quality. Only had my phone to take the picture.

-Stephen
    Attached Images Attached Images

That was real nice of him, I don't think I could give mine up. Put them to good use.

Nothing like lots of eye candy and knowledge packed into one!

I wouldn't give any of mine away, so cherish those! And use them!
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Blog Entries
    i also am just getting into woodworking and i started out by buying tons of magazines
    just so much stuff to learn and lots of great tips, but the jigs and project plans are the
    best!

Magazines like this are a wonderful tool IMHO... what I like best is that even if I don't use any of the plans or designs in the mags, they give me lots of great ideas and how-to's to make my own designs & plans...

Everything I learned was from MAGS! There were no Forums or Blogs or You-Tube back in the '70s or '80s! First came Fine Woodworking and WoodSmith, then Wood magazine. Those were my primary pool of knowledge for learning techniques and skills that were way over Sears or Popular Mechanic's head! I, too, cherish my collection of woodworking mags!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!