Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being forced to leave work early today..!!

Exclamation Being forced to leave work early today..!!

Channel 7 just called and wants me to do LIVE TV <b>tomorrow morning</b> on the Freedom Pen Project and I will be presenting a FP to another troop that will be leaving out Thursday to Iraq.

So the BOSS told me to leave early today to get things ready for the interview and camera crew in the morning.

I did make the Arkansas Democrat Gazette paper yesterday (Sunday). Funny.....channel 7 is one of the stations that turned me down a few weeks back.....now they are calling ME to do the story LIVE on "The Morning Show".......

NOW....I'm Getting Nervous...!!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Great job Dennis, I'm glad you posted this. I have been a little disappointed in my local media, I have contacted them several times with little success, your story gives me hope and motivation to not give up. Good luck on your interview, I'm sure you will do us proud. Dave

Great job Dennis! Don't get nervous, you've got a great face for radio... Oh wait, I forgot, I mean TV! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously, it won't be bad once you get started with everything. I have been on TV a couple of times, and once the show starts, you forget about the camera.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bonde
    Great job Dennis, I'm glad you posted this. I have been a little disappointed in my local media, I have contacted them several times with little success, your story gives me hope and motivation to not give up. Good luck on your interview, I'm sure you will do us proud. Dave
    Dave,

Don't give up....start with the newspapers first....talk around....it is WHO YOU KNOW and not what you know or are doing for our troops and nation for support. Maybe a pen given to someone when you visit a local TV station would best help things out along with a flyer with the freedom pen stuff on it so they can research it themselves.

Never give up hope...!!!!
    Dennis -
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Damn! Next thing you'll be running for office!

I'd probably vote for you, too.

Buck up, Buddy - you're going to do just fine.

- Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Grumbine
    Great job Dennis! Don't get nervous, you've got a great face for radio... Oh wait, I forgot, I mean TV! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously, it won't be bad once you get started with everything. I have been on TV a couple of times, and once the show starts, you forget about the camera.

Bill
    Bill....

Thanks for the encouragement.! I am more nervous about what I don't have READY for the show in the morning than about the show itsself. I have rushed out to the shop to glue up some RWB corian bands to put on a couple of pens. I sure hope the super glue dries fast enough for me to turn one in the morning.!! I may have to call the Ol' Rebel about this before it gets much later.!!
    Dennis -

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Falis
    Damn! Next thing you'll be running for office!

I'd probably vote for you, too.

Buck up, Buddy - you're going to do just fine.

- Ed
    Ed,

Thanks for the vote of confidence there....But...you gotta remember, I hate politics and playing the corporate games......I guess that's why I don't get promotions like others cause I do my job well and don't play the games at work with the bosses.

Keep those votes a coming.!!!!!!
    Dennis -

I wonder.... Has anyone sent any information about the project to Paul Harvey? If they have any interest in the story it could bring national attention with his syndicated radio show. All will know the rest of the story...

www.paulharvey.com

OK, I emailed Paul Harvey...any followers?

d,

A star is born.......

good job man!!!. don't be nervous. There's not more tha 100,000 or so people watching that show I'm sure.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It will dry fast enough to turn them tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Bill....

Thanks for the encouragement.! I am more nervous about what I don't have READY for the show in the morning than about the show itsself. I have rushed out to the shop to glue up some RWB corian bands to put on a couple of pens. I sure hope the super glue dries fast enough for me to turn one in the morning.!! I may have to call the Ol' Rebel about this before it gets much later.!!
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    "If you work hard enough and long enough to make something "idiot-proof", rest assured that someone will build a better idiot!"

Dennis, be sure to shave close, and since you're used to wearing makeup, that part won't be so bad when they powder you up!!! HAR HAR HAR!!!

13. Competition does wonders, Dennis. Your becoming known.

Good luck

Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Channel 7 just called and wants me to do LIVE TV tomorrow morning on the Freedom Pen Project and I will be presenting a FP to another troop that will be leaving out Thursday to Iraq.

So the BOSS told me to leave early today to get things ready for the interview and camera crew in the morning.

I did make the Arkansas Democrat Gazette paper yesterday (Sunday). Funny.....channel 7 is one of the stations that turned me down a few weeks back.....now they are calling ME to do the story LIVE on "The Morning Show".......

NOW....I'm Getting Nervous...!!!!!!
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.

Awright, Dennis! Fella's, we're in the midst of a star in the making here! You know what that means: If he sends you some plans, pictures or some such item(s), 95% of the charge will be for his autograph! Boy, sure do hope Hollywood is braced for this one!

Seriously there, ol' buddy...Knock 'em dead and do NOT break a leg! I'm sure you'll do all of us and all those involved in the FPP proud! Go get 'em, Tiger!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I sent an e-mail to my local paper and got ignored, I hope this will get someones back side knawed on a bit and maybe I'll here from somebody.
    I listed some of the other papers that where reporting the story also.
    alot of times the local news depends on how much else is happening. alot of stories get left out for the ones the community wants to know about etc.
    they have my number and if not I will write them again after this show aires.
    Daniel