Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre Retires

Brett Favre Retires

Great career-great guy! Sad day for Packer fans but as Bob Hope sang..."thanks for the memories"! Will look forward to seeing what he does next!

Sincerely,
    Phyllis

Yes, I read that earlier. There goes one of the good guys! Glad he got to go out on his terms, though I bet he could have payed a couple more years skill wise. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

It's all the buzz on sports talk radio, mostly the timing, the day after the signing of Randy Moss by the Patriots. They say that Favre was urging the Packers to sign him and that it looks like he thinks without Moss the Packers were not likely to go to the superbowl so he decided to retire.

Of course that's what ESPN and local people here are saying, Favre has not been asked the question as far as I know.

The end of an era in football. Oh, and good news for the Seahawks.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

He said, "I know I can still play", but could he still play like Brett Favre? He's got enough pride that, if the answer is no, he wouldn't want to.

I'm still wondering if that elbow injury he suffered against the Cowboys was worse than they let on, and wasn't getting any better. The symptoms they reported at the time sounded like there was some nerve damage.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

We were just talking at work today about how we expected to see him back and then it hit the 'net. To put his impact in perspective, to one full generation of Packer fans (my college age boys), he's the only QB they have ever known to lead this team.

It's been a great ride. I can just hear it now: "Do you think he retired too early?"
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

I can relate/emphathize...went through all similar stuff when John Elway retired.

Brett is a great QB and I wish him well in his life after football. I do hope we see some of him. Elway still shows up on a few commercials here and there and he is often in the booth on MNF and other local (Denver) sporting events.

Brett is easily in the Top 10 of all-time but I'm not sure I can put him in the Top 5 just yet! I hear they are starting on his bust for Canton...first-ballot for sure.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    We talked it over and decided the world could go on with out us.
    It's time.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tyler and Brett's Retirement

Tyler, you are too cool! You will come to the Wisconsin creeker gathering (that I was going to have last year) I want to plan right? You can bring Brett if you would like, although I'm convinced you are much more interesting!

Have a great day! Happy Retirement to you and Brett!

Phyllis

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    I'll try to make it Phyl.
    Sorry we couldn't hook up last summar.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Sad day for all of us Packers fans . . . and yes that includes me. Just please don't let him show up on one of those commercials, you know the ones!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

What an incredible career. And how fortunate we Packers fans were to have such an amazing run with a truly great player.

To me, the stats and all the records Favre accumulated are secondary matters. I just enjoyed watching his youthful enthusiasm for the game on Sunday mornings and the occasional MNF.

So long Brett and thanks for all of the good times and wonderful memories.

The Smile...

His smile and just a good old fashion "love for the game" attitude is what got me watching football! Yes it's a serious game, big tough guys and all, but Favre brought the fun back!

Phyllis

Not a big football fan here. But I am a fan of atheletes made from the same mould as Brett. He was one of the few individuals in the NFL that I would be a fan of regardless who he played for, what era he played in or how many rings he has.
    FWIW, there's some good you tube compilations of him that are being passed 'round the 'net that are worth a few minutes..... if nothing else he's always a sense of humor and levity.
    Certain individuals transcent their sports.... Brett is definately one for the ages and books. They aren't made like him these days.
    I am a big hockey fan and Brett woulda been one helluva hockey player, other than not being able to skate .LOL

Greg

He is my favorite quarterback. Since I'm from Chicago, that's saying a lot. I work in the far north suburbs, and there is quite a rivalry between Bears & Packers fans. I don't get involved. I like how he was willing to take a risk all the time, even if he got burned sometimes.

Like others have said, the fact that he is a good guy AND a great quarterback makes all the difference. I have no respect for the athletes that are great athletes by nasty human beings. It is the wrong way for a role model to behave.

Press Conference

What a press conference! He wasn't the only one crying! Again...why we love him! True emotion, and love for the game! Class act!

Phyllis