Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which jigsaw is the best bang for the buck?

Which jigsaw is the best bang for the buck?

I never seem to get my purchases right. I buy the deals, that's the cheap stuff--only to buy replacements way too often. So, had a Craftsman, then a Freud. Neither was that bad...but what's the last jigsaw that I need to buy?

Any suggestions will be appreciated; however, I'm not rich, so the more reasonable, the better.

thanks!

The bosch gets my vote. I bought a 1590 a few months back. A little more piicey than some of the others but WOW what a difference. I tried the cheaper ones before I bought this one. Spend your money wisely the first time and you will not regret it.

You would be doing very well to buy the Bosch 1591EVSK.

Festool Trion PSB 300 EQ for me. I have used the Bosch and really like it too. Either way you go, I would opt for the barrel grip. I feel it gives me much more control and finesse.
    Good luck on your purchase!
    Don't forget to post your pics after the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Sparks View Post
    You would be doing very well to buy the Bosch 1591EVSK.
    Ditto ^

You have already spent more than $100 on jigsaws, I bet. It is time to stop "saving money" and buy the good one.

Buy the Bosch 1591 and sell the Freud and Craftsman to recoup some $$.

If you feel that is too much money, go and price the Festool jigsaws. Then it will feel like a bargain, hehehe

1590/91 is great for around $158

But for $118 you can get a 1587AVSP Progessor which is a fantastic model as well.

I own the Milwaukee 6268 but it is priced like a 1590.

I bought the Bosch 1587 before the 1590/91 were available. The biggest difference is the ability to change blades in 2 seconds vs. 15 seconds. You will likely have any of the Bosch unit to pass on as heirlooms.

Bosch...nuff said....

Gary

Before I bought my Bosch 1590 or 1591 (they're the same tool, just different handles -- I have the top handle one and can't remember which model number that is of the two), a jig saw was something I really didn't look forward to using because the cuts were not too good and the blades were a pain to change. Now I look forward to using my jig saw and blade changes are literally a snap. Bosch has some really high quality T shank blades too. It's not cheap relative to some others, but it will put a smile on your face. It's that good.

popularwoodworking has a review of the top saws. Here's the link
    http://popularwoodworking.com/upload...gsaws.1103.pdf

I have the older Bosch barrel style I've used it alot on both wood and metal with no complaints

Ditto Bosch 1590/1591. Great saw, very smooth cuts, you can use Bosch or Festool blades, dust collector is available for $15. Festool is nice but hard to see the blade when cutting and it costs a great deal more.

I always thought jigsaws were a joke until I go the Bosch. You won't regret it.

Yesterday I was looking for information on the dust collection accessories for my saw (older 1587 model), and I found on CPO Bosch's site, the 1590 (D handle) in the reconditioned state, was on sale for $119.

I thought the biggest difference was the quick blade change, but I was told that they had improved the blade support/tracking from the 1587 for use in thicker woods.

Bosch!! Cuts like a dream. I never thought of the jigsaw as a precision tool until I got the Bosch. It far exceeded my expectations.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Ditto on the Bosch. I have the 1591 barrel grip version. Great tool.

15. Bosch - Fantastic Company

Bosch is an excellent companies with excellent customer care before and after the sale. I own the 1617EVS router and I bought the first models which had the Magnesium base which oxidized terribly. I sent the router in to one of Bosch's service center's and they replaced the base free of charge with the newer aluminium alloy bases. I am sure there are other companies that offer similar service but in this day and age, I think customer care such as Boschs' are the exception and not the rule. All that said (sorry for rambling), I would recommend any Bosch tool.

Personally, I bought and use the Grizzly Jig Saw. The jig saw does what you need and the price is very good. There is no automatic release and you need to use the screwdriver that came with the tool to change blades. I bought the jig saw before Bosch switched out the router base on my 1617EVS. If I ever need a new jig saw, I will buy a Bosch. No question. Almost forgot. I also own Bosch's 3HP Plunge router - another great tool.